Today, I woke up with pink eye of all things.
Neither of the girls have pink eye right now, so I'm not quite sure where I picked up this little beast of burden, but the only good news is that I saved the special eye drops from the last bought we dealt with...so no trip to the doctor or pharmacy for me. Yeahy!
Once I woke up, I knew my goopy eye and I would be spending the entire day at home. Not such a bad thing considering I had some exciting crafting plans that I really wanted to follow through on.
Crafting for a gift.
It's the best kind, right?
I found this great flower pillow idea and tutorial a bit ago here, and have been waiting for a reason to give it a try.
"Liiigghght buuullb"
That's my Gru joke...if you haven't seen Despicable Me yet, what are you waiting for!?
Q's mom's birthday is coming up next week and the woman is nearly impossible to shop for. My light bulb was this flower pillow.
She's a foofer, fluffer, loves to decorate and appreciates a good homemade gift probably more than the average person. We've got something good starting here.
Today, in my home bound state, I rocked out two flower pillows that I think turned out perfect. I am really excited to gift them on Wednesday, and will most likely gift a few more.
Yes, I like them that much.
Let's get started!
A couple of round pillows (from TJ Maxx - love that store!), felt (I used a wool blend - awesome), circle templates, good scissors and well, you can read the super thorough tutorial and eventually, I made it to this point:
two pillows with petals glued in place...I'm super happy at this point in the project.
Awaiting the center floof, poof, finishing touch, and with a bit more glue (yes, it's true, zero sewing involved) I had two of these pretties:At this point, I'm struttin' around feeling like a super cool wonky-eyed crafting superstar.
(totally joking here)
In all seriousness, I'm really so happy with the way they turned out and I think the birthday girl will like them too.
If not the pillows, she will most certainly swoon over the Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting that I'm planning to make. Here is where I found the fabulous recipe. I am so excited to eat one...maybe two!
Major Daughter-in-Law points huh?
Major Daughter-in-Law points huh?
Just teasing...kinda sorta (ha!)!

5 comments:
Those pillows look AMAZING...I even caught myself saying "oh, WOW!" out loud when I saw the final project;). Plus the cupcakes...YUM! She is going to be in heaven.
REALLY?!? What are you doing in HR-you need to be owning your own store so you can sell all the amazing things that you can make?!? Well done.
SO CUTE!!!!! Kelly will LOVE THEM!!! Nice work, and, yes, major daughter-in-law points!
And the cupcakes sound pretty yummy- enjoy one for me!
Hope your eyes feel better today :)
"Light bulb" is Lucy's favorite line from that movie :)
omg!! I love the pillows! they turned out so fabulous! Crafting for a gift is the best! I always feel like the work you put in is the biggest part of the gift :) great crafting you wonky eyed super star ;)
OMGSH!!!! TDF!!!!!! You have OUT DONE yourself woman!!!! Um, my bday is coming up....:))), just kidding!!! Don't think I won't be putting Dougie on the task of making these for me though!!!!
I can't wait to check out the recipe for those cupcakes too!!! YUM!
Post a Comment