Today was easily the best day I've had all week.
Gift Giver
A coworker of mine has recently been diagnosed with stage four brain cancer. She's a single mom of six kids ranging in age from 28 - 16. Her life is paycheck to paycheck and this recent bout of illness and time away from work has been amongst other things, financially devastating.
I headed up an "adopt-a-family" for she and her family this Christmas season in my office building. All together our group donated about $1,000 in gift cards and cash.
Today, I was lucky enough to go visit her at home and give her the basket of goodies.
She didn't open it while I was there, which was fine. It was fun to leave knowing what she would soon discover.
I think I was the lucky one to be able to present such a gift.
Gift Recipient
An unexpected package arrived at my office.
A friend of mine sent this homemade beauty to me...
Christmas Subway Art - can you even stand it?!
Gift Giver
A coworker of mine has recently been diagnosed with stage four brain cancer. She's a single mom of six kids ranging in age from 28 - 16. Her life is paycheck to paycheck and this recent bout of illness and time away from work has been amongst other things, financially devastating.
I headed up an "adopt-a-family" for she and her family this Christmas season in my office building. All together our group donated about $1,000 in gift cards and cash.
Today, I was lucky enough to go visit her at home and give her the basket of goodies.
She didn't open it while I was there, which was fine. It was fun to leave knowing what she would soon discover.
I think I was the lucky one to be able to present such a gift.
Gift Recipient
An unexpected package arrived at my office.
A friend of mine sent this homemade beauty to me...
Christmas Subway Art - can you even stand it?!
Thanks Kim!
Going, Going, Gone!
We sold our 8x10 living room rug today!
We moved our furniture a few weeks ago and our rug it doesn't fit the flow at all. It's too big for our space and quite honestly I'm tired of the pattern and ready for a change.
$80 later I have a little cash to contribute to a new rug.
My sources to shop in town are limited...wish me luck!
3 comments:
Hi Andrea! Taking advantage of a burst of energy and stopping in! I love what you did for your co-worker, she will be unbelievably blessed! I love your treat left on your desk and hooray for selling your rug.
Thanks for your prayers, and ya, keep it up...I need it! :)
I love posts like this! Well done on realizing what gift giving is all about-love you!
What a great gift to give your coworker! Now, THATis what this season is all about!!
Nice work selling your rug. As you know, rugs have been a big part of my life lately!
Post a Comment