November 3, 2010

Weighing In

Tonight, I weighed in.
It wasn't as bad as I imagined.
But it certainly isn't where I want to be.


As embarrassed as I am to admit this, I did join Weight Watchers today.
UGH!
YUCK.


I've been so sad about my self image lately (remember, "F is for Frumpy?")
Well, moping around has done me no favors, so it's time to do something a little more proactive.

Tonight was a huge pride gulp for me.
It's kind of a cool thing (if this situation can be considered cool at all) because our insurance covers the cost for the first 13 weeks. If you attend at least 10 of the meetings, the next 13 weeks are free, etc.
Free is a good thing.

Another cool thing is that these meetings are at our office building.
There are about 20 women who have joined and we are all doing this thing together.
Being in a room full of not-strangers is also a good thing.

So, tonight I will eat ice cream, left over Halloween candy and some Cheetos
(okay, kidding, but gosh they sound so good right now!)

Short hair.
Attempts to drop some pounds.
Next step - get my bootie back into motion.

Oy Vey.

4 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Don't you dare be embarrassed!!!! I have known so many people to love and enjoy weight watchers!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing something you want to improve and taking steps to do so. Even though I think you are perfect :), I am super excited for your new endeavor! I think the fact that a ton of gals in your office are doing it is BRILLIANT! There is nothing like a strong support group!

F is for a fabulous new Andrea!

Please keep us girls posted :)!

comfy cozy said...

Once again, how I do love your candor and honesty! Girlfriend, you might not be over the moon about your outsides right now but on the inside you are AMAZING! I really mean that.

So, although I always think you look so great in all the pics, more power to you for taking steps towards where you ideally want to be.

You've GOT this thing, okay?!
You can do it! I predict you'll be holding your head high well before summer! Maybe give yourself a visual to work towards, like summer camping and bathing suits by the river?! :)

Annie said...

I couldn't agree more with Lisa and Sadina- there is nothing wrong with taking steps toward a goal!! And I've done WW before- counting points and everything!!
I am so happy for you that you are going to do it with the ladies from the office- it will be a team, a support group, and maybe a little like a game :)
Love you!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks Buddies!

Here's the hard truth: 138.4 lbs
(GASP!! OH MY GAWDDDY!)
Mr. BMI / Surgeon General says at my height and age I should weigh 20lbs less that what I currently do...He is such a PUNK!

And there is a turquoise blue polka-dot bikini that is waiting for next summer!! :o)

Game face is ON!