September 7, 2010

P-Town Weekend

This past weekend we packed up the family and headed to Portland for a fun filled weekend. Even better, we took along our personal babysitters (aka Q's parents)!!

Our first order of business was the ZOO!
Brynn and Elsie were beyond excited to head to the zoo with just mama and grandma - they are all about "girls only" these days.

I don't think it really bothered Q and his dad that they could go watch the Ducks football game in some sports bar and spend the afternoon with each other...

Let us begin!



Our own little zoo-Garmin. Brynn was all about the map, for the entire trip.

Grandma and the girls loving the sea otters on display.



Elsie trying to measure up to a brown bear - isn't she SO tall? ;o)



Elsie's absolute favorite part of the zoo was the special dinosaur exhibit that was going on. Some of the dinos squirted water from their mouths! Elsie loved it every time someone jumped in surprise and then she loved roaring at the dinos...Brynn on the other hand hated the dinos and we nearly had ourselves a meltdown!



Always a favorite - elephants and a bonus baby!!



Elsie and the coolest bear on the block



One of the best parts of the Oregon Zoo is the train ride. This is the steam engine that runs a 45 minute loop around the zoo and all the parks close by. It was a great place to rest our weary dawgs and enjoy a snack!



"All Aboard!!"



You might notice the lack of Brynn in the zoo photos...girlfriend was glued to her stroller and not really open to may photo ops. Next time!
The real reason we were in Portland was for a wedding. A Labor Day wedding at McMinnemans Edgefield, so beautiful and historic and breathtaking and just all around fabulous!

This place is about 80 acres and has a couple breweries, a distillery, three restaurants, a soaking pool, spa services, a pool hall, a smaller scale (but not miniature) golf course, a vineyard, gardens where they grow food for the restaurants...it is truly amazing!


Our hotel from the front.




The soaking pool...loverly!



Just a cute little, rustic photo-op.



The doorway to the delicious garden.


Silly Sunflower-Fairy!


Vanna White, I mean, Brynners!



Q and I at the wedding, all fancied up.


Few!
It was so fun and we are now, so tired!!

Oh, this post would not be complete if I failed to mention that Mr. Wilson hit a HOLE IN ONE while golfing with all the boys the morning of the wedding.
If you have a crown and cape, he'll take it!
I'm pretty sure he falls under super-hero status now!

4 comments:

Allison said...

What a great start to a week! Q has a new job, he hits a hole in one, and you have a trip to the zoo. Fun-fun!

comfy cozy said...

Hmm, not sure what I'm most impressed with; the beautiful diggs, Brynner's adorable leopard suit, your cute bling worn to the wedding, or the HOLE IN ONE!!! (For the record, I've gotten a hole in one... on the miniature course!)

Sounds like the perfect weekend. How I do love me the zoo! :)

Annie said...

Fun! Great recap!
I've heard that the Portland zoo is awesome, and now I can see why!
I love the baby elephant :)
And Elsie's little purse is perfect- girlfriend knows how to accessorize!!
I don't blame Brynn for staying in the stroller- I get a little uneasy at the zoo too :) Oh, and I love the 45 minute train ride for a nice rest!
Was it fun to get dressed up and be adults at the wedding?? You and Q look great! Did you bust a move on the dance floor??
I vote that your backyard needs a door :)
OH- and Devon gives Q a Super High-5 for the hole in one!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

LOVE this post! What a fun weekend you had!!! You all looked fabulous and my favorite part is your personal zoo guide! She reads maps? Can you say advanced?

Super fun!