September 12, 2010

Blank Canvas

Although her walls are two great shades of pink, Elsie's room has seemed so blah to me, and then it dawned on me...her walls were bare.

How did this happen?

How could this be fixed?

A trip to Michaels and some multi-media inspiration led to an art-filled weekend.

Step one: prep the canvas.


Step two: spread out the goods...this was just the beginning of the huge mess I created!


Steps three through one hundred (because these were time consuming little buggers!): get the vision, sketch, create, draw, paint, cut, glue, tie, and repeat.



We ended up with a couple of pretty cute dancing girls and a couple of fanciful fairies.











I really wish my camera took better pictures, these just don't quite give the girls the justice they deserve. (Please feel free to comment with your camera suggestions!)
In real life they sparkle and are 3-D and they are currently hanging right above Elsie's bed.




6 comments:

Annie said...

OMG! These are awesome and adorable! I am thoroughly impressed and I love them!
What a great idea, and the finished product is just darling!!! I could go on gushing... I really could! Nice work!
I'm sure that Elsie loves them! Did you use paper or fabric for the layers?
As for the camera, my only suggestion is to use daylight and no flash, but knowing that this was a time-consuming project, perhaps there was no daylight!??!
Your craftiness always wows me! Love you, and have a good Monday :)

comfy cozy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!

I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you are soooo talented!! Sell them on Etsy and I will be your very first paying customer!!

Funny because I did some things for Han's room a couple of weeks ago and was going to share on my blog when I got the chance... now you've just put me to shame! :)

You da bomb!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks friends!

These little creations are a mix of everything in the craft box: paper, fabric, ribbons, buttons, pipe cleaner, puffy paint, rhinestones...you name it!

I debated the sell approach, but for the number of hours and the size of the mess, I don't know if my profit would be worth it!

Comfy Cozy - I want to see yours! No shame...I am sure they are amazing!!

Annie said...

I'm back to take another look! They are so cute!!! I need to see them in person so that I can really take in the detail :) If that isn't a good excuse to visit you, I don't know what is!!

love you!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I AM SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Wow, I am so impressed and motivated for some crafting!!! Your girls are so lucky to have such a creative and fun Mommy!!!!

Too bad they take too long because I would be second in line to purchase some!!!!

Allison said...

You continually amaze me! Will you come to Texas to help me with my empty house?!?