God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
Reinhold Niebuhr
Today was filled with some news that really bummed us out.
Q did not get the dreamy job he interviewed over 2 weeks ago.
I think what bothers me the most is the way things were handled and how he was treated.
He interviewed, after being personally asked to apply for the job by three different people, and was told they would have a decision made on the following Monday.
No one called Monday, so Q called and left a message.
No one returned his call, so on Friday, Q called and left a message.
No one ever returned his calls and then today he received a generic email saying thanks but no thanks from their human resources office.
The guys that interviewed Q have known he and both of our families for 15+ years.
We live just around the block from the guy who would have been his boss.
It hurts, it stings to be blown off by people who you know and thought would treat you better than they did.
I'm not sure what to do to help him.
It's not the end of the world by any means and we'll be fine; but it's hard to see the person you love, sad and deflated.
On top of it we have some bigger decisions to make now...it's not so easy when you have two little people to care for and to make sure they are loved, safe and happy.
To all of this, I say...
Humpf!
5 comments:
Oh gosh, I am so sorry that things didn't work out as you had hoped. It is NEVER easy to see why things happen the way they do when you feel like you are in the eye of the storm, so to speak. It is especially hard when yo think that YOU know what's best and that God just needs to catch on. Been there and done that.
May I just offer some insight? Okay, so glad you never mind...:)
It is very interesting how the situation was handled and subsequently how Q was treated with absolutely no tact and very little humanity. I mean, c'mon, an E-MAIL??! Lives right around the corner?? Know a few people people PERSONALLY?? It's just plain tacky and dare I say that Q truly and honestly may not have wanted to work for people like that anyways. I mean, in what other ways would their unprofessionalism shown through? You know?
I do, however, love the second quote and it shows that you are on the exact path you should be. So just allow yourselves to say "Humpf" for a while and then move on...'cause something better is a-comin' your way!!
Hang in there and tell Q he's too good for those fools anyways! :)
Thanks Sadina - I think your insight is dead on. Really, we had that exact conversation last night.
You are always, more than welcome to offer me your insight - in fact, I really do appreciate hearing someone elses perspective on things...it helps with the "process"
Miss you by the way!
Hope you are doing great :o)
Oh man...I think the two of you summed it up. Humpf is right! So disappointing! I do hope that something even bigger and better on on the horizon for your clan.
Gosh Andrea, hang in there!
I can totally relate to the "deflated" part. It is going on in our house too, and it makes it so hard when there is nothing you can do to fix it. I love you and something will come his way!
I am so sorry that the job didn't come through- it seemed like such a great fit and such a done-deal, considering the way that they were asking Q to apply. Humpf indeed! I think that the lack of communication on their part certainly adds to the sting.
I hope that Q is keeping his head up and that you are staying strong, as you always are. Q and the girls are so so very blessed to have you. You always seem to find the right perspective, just as the quote said, "trusting that He will make all things right."
LOVE you all :)
Post a Comment