July 24, 2010

We're Baaack!

The week-long Rogue River camping adventure wrapped itself up on Tuesday...with a 9 hour drive home (ugh!) and now we are back at home, sweet, messy, loads of laundry, home! Ahh, it's so nice to be home, really it is.

We did have a great time and it was good for us to get away - no cell phones, no facebook, no TV, all that stuff that tends to 'get in the way' wasn't a part of our week. Pretty nice!

The weather was beautiful and it was hot, hot, hot! We went through countless cans of sunscreen, Mikes hard lemonade, Chex mix, and any other naughty, not good for you snack you could pack. That's what camping is all about, right? Gosh, I think I must have gained about 10 pounds while we were down there! Yikes!

I had a chance to read plenty of magazines (no books), get some Vitamin D, play cards, go for daily walks and take some boat rides - which were all amazing and much needed. And of course, there were the things that no one needs while trying to relax and unwind...the occassional toddler meltdown, the heat and the stank from sweaty boys, and the mother in law drama.

Maybe I'll go into more detail a diffrent time. She was a definate damper on our trip and a damper on our moods and to be honest, is the source of pretty much any tension in our marraige, and true to the tension that was present during our week "away." All that said, I think Q and I might have found a meeting place on this topic; which might have been the most important part and reason for our trip.

Here's some pictures of our travels...hope you enjoy!

The Christmas card photo shoot, you might see this one again come December!

Is his chair too small? Is hat too small? Is he stuck?
Ummmm...if you answered yes to all 3, you are a winner!!


Little Brynners


Not-so-little Elsie



Yes, that's Marley, sitting next to Q on the picnic table...please don't ask, we know it's weird.



Gettin' "moody" (aka muddy) as Brynn says


Nolan fishing just down from our camp spot - despite some serious effort by all campers, not one single fish was caught. Oh well, maybe next year!



Brynn's toes


The girls in front of "the mall" - that would be the Agness Store...about 1,000 square feet of randomness. The most important item in the store, the old-fashioned ice cream cooler. Trust me, we burned through their dreamcicle supply with our daily trips!


Elsie at sunset. I think this is one of my most favorite pictures of her.
Now, back to laundry!

5 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Andrea!!!! What fun?! Your pictures are awesome...truly awesome! What a picturesque spot you guys found! I am sure it was so refreshing (minus the MIL drama).

I want to go next time!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks Lisa!
How are you doing? I feel like I'm missing so much with all that you have going on :o)

I would gladly take all my friends for a little vacay to the river - we'd have some fun!!

Annie said...

What a great trip (yes, minus the MIL tension!!!)!
I LOVE the family picture, and I think that it will be perfect for a xmas card! You look darling in your hat and sundress, by the way, and your girls are so cute in their swimwear!
Q cracks me up in his small hat and small chair!
And please frame the pic of Brynn's painted toenails squished in the sand :)

I'm glad that you all had a good time!

comfy cozy said...

Ahhh, I felt relaxed just looking at your pics. I think my fav thing was the pic of the girls at the "mall." You know that will be one of their fondest memories ever and they will probably recall it is a HUGE store. They are so sweet. Hanna has the very same swimsuit and was sporting it all weekend, along with some sassy pink ties too! Isn't the ruffle bottom on the suit THE SWEETEST??!!

It sounds like you guys really had a wonderful time in spite of the MIL. Gosh, I can relate. I really can. I probably don't even have a legitimate reason but there's just something off about the whole thing and I often find myself just cringing. (Darn, I forgot you are not private, but I'll just go with it and hope I don't regret saying that!)

Anyways, lovin' the Wilson Family and the way they "roll!" :)

Allison said...

Thoughts on having a girls weekend away at the river? By the looks of your pictures, it looks like a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!