We had ourselves a little get away this weekend.
Penelope (yes, crazy Kesley from work) offered our family 4 tickets to the Disney Live Rockin' Road Show that she had won, but wasn't going to use.
How could I say no?
We made our spur of the moment hotel reservations, packed up the girlies and headed to Portland on Friday afternoon.
Show time was at 6:30 and here's a little recap of the good times that were had by...ALL!!
Penelope (yes, crazy Kesley from work) offered our family 4 tickets to the Disney Live Rockin' Road Show that she had won, but wasn't going to use.
How could I say no?
We made our spur of the moment hotel reservations, packed up the girlies and headed to Portland on Friday afternoon.
Show time was at 6:30 and here's a little recap of the good times that were had by...ALL!!

The comedians of the family

A whole bag of cotton candy just for Brynn

and for Elsie, yes girls...nobody has to share tonight!

Cinderella

The full cast - mid song

TIGER!!

Next day...to the Build a Bear Store! Surprise #2!!
(much to my demise, they both insisted on wearing the same outfits as the previous night...some battles are not worth fighting in the hotel room early in the morning)
Cautiously watching and, trust me, they were so happy with the final result!!Elsie with her Hello Kitty and Brynn with her Pink Teddy Bear
The girls (and Q and I) had such a great time. It was beyond fun to hear their squeals and to see the dance moves as they watched their favorite Disney friends. It was a true pleasure to treat the girls to a weekend that was all about them - from the entertainment, to the food (chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast) to the stores at the mall - it was all about them, and it was awesome!
Thanks Penelope!
:o)

5 comments:
Oh my goodness! That looked like truly the best kiddie weekend ever! Those pics are just oozing fun! What a fantastic treat for the girls. Wow, Penelope really stepped it up...!
So, the build-a-bear is worth it, huh?! I always see it at the mall and think it's adorable but have figured I'd wait a bit until Han appreciates the moolah spent! :)
And yes, you couldn't be more right...some fights just are NOT worth battling. Hey, the girls just knew a cute outfit when they saw one! :)
Penelope!!! Way to pull-through!!
What a great weekend!!
Isn't it fun to say "yes!" every so often?
Cotton candy? Yes!
Mickey Mouse hats? Yes!
Recycled clothes from yesterday? Yes!
I love it!
I haven't taken Lucy to Build-a-Bear yet, but I'll bet she'll love it!
What a fantastic get-away! Thanks for the recap!
And, yes, isn't a peek into Pottery Barn just delicious? Glad you enjoyed it :)
Build-a-Bear was worth it. It does seem totally silly to pay so much for a stuffed animal, but the girls had a great time, and we only let them accessorize with shoes - "Bears don't need clothes! How silly!"
WOW!!! I am over the moon for this post and the fun getaway you girls had!!!! WE love disney and build a bear, Kennedy has every "bear" she has ever made!!!
Andrea, I don't know how I keep missing these posts but I am on it in the future!!!
Serious fun!
Oh and I meant to say...Penelope?! WOW! Isn't it funny how things work out sometimes! :)
Post a Comment