November 21, 2009

Feeling NUTS!

Could I possibly already be suffering from the Holiday-Crazies?

I think so.

These past few days, I have been on the verge of freaking out, melting down, or just running away. The house feels too small, the volume always seems to be too loud, the hot water just isn't hot enough...you name it...it's bugging me. At a moments notice I can go from being perfectly content, to completely fussed up for no good reason. It's like I have no control.

I'm worried that the ups and downs are only going to get worse as life gets more crazy with Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching.

Thanksgiving. Oh, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled it will be at my parents house this year. But today, my mom had me come over to 'map out' the menu and when I got there, she was fussing over what table cloth to use with what kind of runner, and napkins and then I shut down. I wanted to talk about food, I did not come over to freak out over linens. Dumb. And now, I am all tweaked out at home. I'm irritated with everyone in my family and tonight we are supposed to go watch football at Nolan and Beth's house and I am either going to have to really pull myself together or fake it like a champ...most likely, I'll be faking it.

I feel so awful for saying that I have to fake being happy and having fun with my family, but right now, it's true. I just want to cry.

I can hardly even begin to think about Christmas, I'm stressing big time. I don't have a clue what to get the girls - Elsie wants every other thing she sees on TV or in the magazines and it makes me feel like I'm going to end up picking the wrong thing and devastate her. We don't have a ton of money to spend and I'm really feeling the pressure to be frugal, but generous all at the same time...which is hard to do. I'm set to go Black Friday shopping with Beth and I'm freakin' - it should be fun, right?

In the meantime, I keep on saying a little prayer...to keep myself reminded of how blessed I am

p.s.
Try Annie's Easy Chicken Enchiladas!
They are fabulous!!

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Andrea!!! I am feeling your pain!! I have had Holiday Seasons like this before! Okay, first...a tip...remember my tuesday tip from a year ago about black friday? I just did my homework this morning and you can look up all the ads for black friday at all the stores go buy the items this week and then breeze right up to customer service on black friday and get a price adjustment! Then you and Beth go get mani pedi's and a starbucks treat!!!! Oh and my other tip is definitely buy at least one or two things that Elsie has seen on a commercial...who knows why but that is huge! Then just relax Andrea :)! Look how excited she was for her princess shoes. She will be thrilled by anything you get for her!

I just took a big deep breath with you and I am sending my love to your fakey breaky heart at the football game watching tonight! Like that :))))?

Oh and the picture of the girls and Annie's dish were perfect!

Annie said...

First of all, I'm so glad that you liked the enchiladas! Your picture of them was lovely, and the guac was a nice touch!! mmmm!
Second, you are totally not alone! Tis the season to freaky-freak, and I'm right there with you! But I suppose that some encouragement might help! You are going to pull through just fine, because you always do! It is just a busy time of year. Take a deep breath, have a beer :), and squeeze on those cute girls! They are getting so big!! I love it!
I say that if you don't feel like watching football and faking happy, stay home and have Q take the girls! It is probably too late to back out now, but I dream of being home alone! Devon always encourages me to get out of the house for some "me" time, but I often feel like he and the kids should just leave and let me be home alone!
I love you, and I wish that I was shopping with you on black-Friday!

comfy cozy said...

Yep, 'tis the season! Try to find comfort in knowing that you are not alone! I did some shopping over the weekend and thought I'd lose it right there in the Toys 'R Us lego section! I HATE shopping for boys and darnnit that I have tons of boys to shop for (8 to be exact!).

I have no doubt that the girls will love whatever you get them! I think, or am hoping anyways, that we all have a few years before the major disappointments of not getting the "right" gift will hit! :)

And if it helps you to know, I feel like I've been on a roller coaster myself lately! Hmm, maybe I'm manic or bipolar? I like Annie's advice though to take a deep breath, have a beer, and cuddle those precious girls! I love that pic of them! You really are so blessed to have such sweet girls!