August 23, 2009

a profitable weekend!

This weekend the Wilson's actually, wait for it. . . made money!

We had a garage sale on Saturday and made $365!
No kidding!
I was so excited!!

Then, today, I've been unpacking and cleaning out boxes of stuff that have been around since Elsie was first born. Terrible, I know!

I found a bag with all of the cards from her baby shower and then after she was born - yes, I had all of them, and so I decided to go through them for old times sake and found a few birthday cards for me mixed in.

Birthday cards that each had gift cards inside!!
$50 at Macy's!
$50 at Banana Republic!
I just logged into the 'check your gift card balance' on each website and both cards are still valuable!

HURRAY!!!

For once, cleaning, organizing and sorting has truley 'paid off!'

4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Holla!! Somebody made a dolla!!

That's soooo awesome!! I am considering a garage sale this weekend and the thought is already making me kinda ill... but your post is inspiring me just a smidge! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

Dolla Dolla Bill's Y'all!

Have one!
It's worth it and it feels good to get rid of stuff...freeing!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Go Andrea!!! This is so giving me the final push that I need to get myself together and have the yard sale I have been meaning to have!!!

I want to make $$$!

I doubt I will have the cool gift card finds though :)!!!

Annie said...

woohoo!
I'm glad that your garage sale was a success! Nice profit! If I lived closer, I would have been a great customer :)
OMG- go shopping and spend those gift cards!!!!!!