July 10, 2009

And....We're Done!

Today marks a very special day for the Wilson-crew!

Today is the day that our whole housing fiasco is over.
Dunzo.
Fineto.
Sign here, initial there.
See you later.
Bye-bye.
Good rid dens.
Smell ya later.

I really do feel like I've just lost 20 pounds, OK, maybe even 35.
It's a great feeling.
The issues and worrying that started well over a year ago are now finished.

Our cottage is coming along well...it's amazing how much stuff, how many treasures, and the numerous amount of 'I'll keep this, just in case' items we packed and moved over and now have to price out and sell at our upcoming garage sale! I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I am somewhat ashamed of myself and my pack-rat-itis. There are probably close to 30 vases in the garage right now...30? Come on crazy lady! But now, I'm more motivated than ever to cleanse, prioritize, organize to make this cottage a thing of beauty (and that means minimal clutter).

The girls have adjusted amazingly well. They really do seem happy and even though their things are in disarray, they manage to find ways to keep busy and stay active. They are troopers and it makes me feel like I haven't let them down too terribly, something I was so fearful of.

Q's parents came over for dinner one night this week, Chinese food, yum! As we were eating and chatting away, Q's dad said "you know Miss A (that's what he's called me since I was 15) this house feels more like a home than the other one. It's not even unpacked, and it already feels like home - nice work." I cried. I think Q might have even welled up. It was one of the nicest compliments I have received. It really makes me think that we might just all make it through this just fine.

Once we are settled in (or after some serious effort) we've decided to take a big camping trip. We are going to relax and be worthless and love every minute of it!!

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I am soooo happy for you!!! Really how could the girls go wrong with such a loving and thoughtful Mommy?! I love the image of the cottage dinner and compliment from FIL!

I too am preparing for a garage sale and trying to declutter! I wish we could do it together and say multi-family :)!

It really must feel so good! Congrats!

Annie said...

yay! I wish that I could go to your garage sale and find some treasures!
Kelly's compliment is perfect-- what more could you ask for than for you cottage to truly feel like a home?
I am so glad that you are done, and that the load has been lifted :) Enjoy the well deserved camping trip!

comfy cozy said...

Andrea! I'm thrilled for you! Say goodbye stress and hello good times for the Wilson fam! I am so sure that it is all so home-y and that the girls will just love their cottage!! Good job, mama! You've been a busy bee and it's paying off! Love the camping idea where you all can celebrate to a sucessful move and cheers to your new journey! :)

P.S. I sooooo wish I could hit up your garage sale! I'd be one of the annoying people that was waiting at the end of your driveway before you've even rolled out of bed!