Adam, 'the work-horse', Miller drove up early this morning to help us not only lay sod in our back yard but to move over the next few days. He's awesome and was a huge help for Q today - entertainment, jokes, singing, dancing, a great friend and a hard worker!
Action shot and nearly a booty shot!
Brynn, inspecting each piece of grass, after all, this is her new turf (ha ha ha!)

My personal favorite - wheel barrow buddies!
Laying new sod is like instant beauty - the work that you put in gives immediate, amazing results. Nothing is more pretty than fresh green grass on a summer day!We are really making tracks on this clean up and move - the backyard was the final, major check off on the to do list and as of 4 this afternoon it is done. Just one step closer to the end - ahhhh, yes!
I took this week off from work to pack, wrap, declutter all in preparations to move and GOOD LORD, it's hard work! I'd rather be at the office! Making so many decisions in one day is exhausting and then I lie awake at night hoping I didn't just toss away a box full of memories...oh, I am my own worst enemy!
Tomorrow should be more fun - touch up painting and taking loads over for me and for the boys, I'm sure Q has a list a mile long...poor Adam! I hope he sleeps good tonight!!
P.S. I did it - I caved - I'm on Facebook...hook a sister up with some friends! I'm starting to feel self-conscious!!
5 comments:
Yay! See, you will now be the people whose neighbors look at you and think that the grass sure is greener on the other side! :) It looks great- good job men! And good job mama with all that work you've been doing! I've been known to accidently throw away a precious thing or two as well, all in the name of "decluttering!"
Oooh, I'm so excited you're on FB...I'm finding you right away! No worries, I don't have many "friends" either and very few of my "friends" are actually true friends! I am sooo unpopular! Oh, to feel like you're back in high school again with all those insecurities! :) For the record though, I'm still lovin' FB...it really does bring people together! :)
Silly FB! I just tried to add you twice and both times when I'd enter the security words it wouldn't let me do anything! Whatever! I'll try again tomorrow or you can request me! Cute profile pic BTW; you'll have friends lining up for sure! :)
Now Lisa, any FB for you?!
New grass and all! Don't think of it as the "back to where we began" house, think of it as a new house!
I have a great idea- send that work-horse brother of mine up north when he is done helping you guys. I've got a list of things that he can help me with :)
I know it is tough work, but I personally love throwing stuff away, so if I could I'd be there helping too!
Have fun with Adam, and I can't wait to see pics of your "new house"!
Oh, and you are going to enjoy facebook, I just know it!
Oh, Annie - please come and throw my things out for me! I need you!
Hiiii!!! I am here!!!! Late in the game but here nonetheless!!! How exciting to have the workhorse Miller in town!!! I hope he is making stops at all of our houses on his extreme makeover tour!! Annie send him by here when you are done with him :)
Your grass looks fab!!!
Facebook?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMGSH!!!! Now I am truly the only one not on it! I guess I am getting really tempted!!! Won't it be funny when we are all meeting up on FB and in blog world? It's going to be wiiiiild!!!
Yes keep the pics coming of the new and improved homestead!!!
Sorry I was so late...I was experiencing the magic :)
Post a Comment