On this last day of my 20's I have been rather nostalgic.
A little sad.
I'll admit, I've got my apprehensions.
And so, I decided to calm myself down and unwind with a tribute to my 20's.
A little sad.
I'll admit, I've got my apprehensions.
And so, I decided to calm myself down and unwind with a tribute to my 20's.
Here are the top 20 highlights that happened in my 20's (in no particular order):
1. I married my best friend!
2. I had Elsie.
3. I had Brynn.
4. I found God...I mean, I really found Him...albeit it was after a less that wonderful experience (the robbery) but I found Him.
5. I met my soul-mates...you know, those two girls whose names both start with an A! Love Ya!
6. I graduated from college.
7. Westmont - amazing friends, beautiful school.
8. I finally went outside of the states on a cruise ship with stops in the South Atlantic.
9. A special trip to Boston with Annie.
10. I was part of Allison & Annie's weddings.
11. We bought a home (then another, and then...well...you know!)
12. I have a great job...I even have my own office with a door and a window.
13. I've learned to stand up for myself, my family and can do it without crying.
14. I have a new love for camping.
15. Not to brag, but I'm a pretty good cook.
16. I was able to share 28 special years with my Grandmother before she passed away.
17. Beth (sister-in-law) and I have become really close.
18. I think I've finally landed on being a brunette (I think).
19. N'Sync and Justin Timberlake...thanks for so many happy memories and dance parties!
20. I'm closer to my mom and dad probably than ever before - it's amazing how much having your own kids makes you appreciate your parents even more!
So, now I feel better. I really do.
Tomorrow's the big day - I've heard from many, many people that your 30's are better than you 20's and I'm believing them...whole heatedly!
I'm excited to enjoy what we've worked so hard to establish during these past few years. I hope that's what being 30 is all about. I think the move to the other house, getting settled in and really being focused on Q and the girls will make me feel rejuvenated and happier all together.
I'm excited to enjoy what we've worked so hard to establish during these past few years. I hope that's what being 30 is all about. I think the move to the other house, getting settled in and really being focused on Q and the girls will make me feel rejuvenated and happier all together.
Come on 30...I'm ready for you!!
5 comments:
You are the best Andrea! I know that the 30's will only get better. You have blessed so many people in your 30 short years here so far, and I hope that those of us that have been touched by you can return the favor in your next 30! I love you!
More than ready Andrea!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love love love this post!!!
Darn! I thought I was going to finish this before Maysyn woke up this morning! There she is and now I am distracted. I will be back!!! More birthday wishes to come!!!
Happy, happy birthday Andrea!!! You are such an amazing person, somehow juggling it all and making it look easy! You have so much to be grateful for- a life that most would envy! You are so grounded, honest, open, funny, and a great writer to boot!!
I loved your list- it was perfect! These are the years where you can slow it down a bit I think and just enjoy the fruits of your labor, so to speak! I promise you that you will end up LOVING this decade!
I hope this year in particular is amazing for you my friend! You deserve only the best!
A fond farewell indeed!
I love this list, and I believe with all my heart that you are going to ROCK the 30s! Okay, that sounds super corny, but I mean it! :)
I am so happy and blessed to be a part of your life! I treasure our friendship and our many special memories, and I love that I am a part of your list (on a much smaller scale, I am also happy that JT made the list!).
Have a very, very happy birthday!
I'm baaaacck!!!! Andrea!!! Are you feeling the birthday love?!?!? I just finished reading your bestie's posts all about you and the results are in...YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
I hope you had the best birthday ever and someone baked for you :)
I share so many of your top 20 highlights...although some happened in my thirties because I have been ooollldd for a while now! Grandma lovers and Brunettes unite sister!!! :)
As Annie so perfectly said...you are going to ROCK your 30's! How could you not with your posse??? A loving husband and positively adorable girls, besties, blogging buddies, and so many more people that are proud to say they know you!!!
Happy Birthday Andrea!!!!
Post a Comment