I've been wanting to make some jewelry. Nothing too fancy or involved, just some longer, beaded necklaces and holy cow, wow, wow, I found my inspiration! Inspiration that involved circling the same three isles in the store for just over an hour - all to pick out the coordinates for two new sets of pretties...it's amazing how sucked in I was...the sky could have fallen and I would have never even noticed!
I haven't shopped the bead isle in, I can't remember how long, and there just happened to be some new lines of charms, bangles, bobbles, and fancy things that had just come in and my favorite, by far was a line called Fresh.
So cute, so simple, so much fun! I'm not sure if the pictures do them justice, but here's the plan ~ the bright pink and turquoise will go together, and then the black and the green with the silver chain...but that's all subject to change once I get a chance to spread out and start stringing!



I'm excited to have a project and anxious about finding the uninterrupted time to create. It's almost like I just set myself up for some disappointment; I've had my new treasures for 3 days now and all I've done is take them out of the bag to take pictures, and blog about them!
So, I guess this could lead into my Tuesday Tip - hit the bead isle at Michaels and get yourself a new project. I wish I could tell you that it's cheap, and easy to make your decisions on combinations and colors, but, I'd be lying. I figure, a little splurge every now and then is alright - especially when it does what is probably the best form of relaxation and therapy for me; letting me create and work with my hands.
I'll be sure to post the pictures of the completed projects...whenever that might happen.
I'll be sure to post the pictures of the completed projects...whenever that might happen.
These are part of the "reinvention," so I do have some extra motivation to get them done sooner than later!!
Time to switch gears - to my new addiction!
Pickled carrots and cauliflower - with garlic and hot peppers...oh, I'm slobbering as I'm typing!
While I realize this picture could potentially gross out my readers (it's kind of like a bad high school science classroom display) - but don't let that distract you. This stuff is amazing!

I work with quite possibly the most domestic and crafty woman, she quilts, sews, cans with every season, knits with the yarn she spins, Tammie is amazing!
Her canning skills are out of this world! This is a special treat she brings to me every year - at first I thought, dear Lord, how am I ever going to lie to her and convince her that I ate, and even further liked this crazy concoction she gave to me? But after I took the plunge and tried her special carrots and cauliflower, I was ADDICTED. They are pickled and spicy - with garlic and some habenero pepper. Oh, baby! It's the good kind of burn!
If I open a jar, they are as good as gone.
Q thinks I'm nuts - well, more like pickled from the inside out. So be it...there could be worse things right?
Since my fetish started, I've decided I need to broaden my horizons and learn how to can. Tammie has promised me that we'll have a canning session soon and I'll learn the tricks of the trade. On our menu is apple butter, salsa, and of course - the carrot cauliflower combo! BAM!
p.s.
why isn't American Idol on tonight?! I'm so sad!
5 comments:
wow wow wow! I love the beads, and I love that you are so inspired! I had no idea that Michael's had jewelry-making materials. I can't wait to see the finished products!!
Okay, I'll admit that the picture of the canned veggies looks a little gross, but I do love garlic and spice, so I'm intrigued! And homemade salsa is the best, so you hold Tammie to her word and make sure that you learn the secrets!!!
I was bummed about American Idol too, but it is on tonight and tomorrow night instead. Yeah! I'll be looking forward to it all day!
Oh maaaannnn! I just got home from a day of errands and Michaels was one of the places I went! I've never thought to peruse that aisle; I get too stuck in scrapbooking land! I am loving your creativity and the jewelry! Nice job!
Hmm, the pickled veggies? I'm not sure, but I'll believe you on this one! Hey, any way to get me to eat my veggies would be good!
I'm so happy that you like the beads and can see the potential!
And, I promise, the veggies are good - it was a bit bold to put out there, and a confession of sorts, but they are fab...promise!
Andrea I love the beads!!! I always see that isle at Michaels and it seems so adventurous...so wild!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!! It looks like they will be the perfect compliment to your new sassy dresses!!
I am glad you were brave with the veggies. I have honeslty never had pickled anything but am really curious. Bring them to the blogger's convention and I will definitely have some!!!
BTW I was shocked that American Idol was not on last night!!! Now it's too late for me to watch. Sheesh! I guess it's 5 a.m. or bust! Who needs a presidential address really? They should have it on one channel so the two people who want to watch can without interupting our entertainment!!!
Did I just rant on your blog? Oh Andrea, I am too tired for commenting! Sorry :)
Post a Comment