I have to preface this blog with an apology...I'm SORRY!
(I have issues!)
(I have issues!)
This topic, of hair, is evidently becoming my greatest source of blogging pleasure.
One would like to think I could get a style figured out and stick to it. Yes, it would be nice, but for some reason that I can't seem to pinpoint, that great concept is just not an option.
So, here I am again, with a new potential do.
I'm still working toward the nerve to cut bangs like this. It's a serious commitment. Am I ready for a commitment like this? Am I ready to commit to a style for more than, um, one cut?
I think so!
Enough about hair, and about my "issues" - here's a recap of the weekends events, or lack there of.
Q went out of town for Friday and Saturday night to Portland with his brothers to watch some baseball (Duck vs. Beavers - for the first time in like 50 years) and I was left to fend for myself with the girlies. I've done before, and while it was exhausting, it wasn't all that bad, but this weekend was different...Brynn was SO sick, and is still SO sick.
I've got a baby with the 'snuggy shoulder syndrome' meaning, that there is no happiness to be found unless she is being held and snuggled into your shoulder. It's wonderful to be so wanted, but what about poor Elsie? What about a shower? What about using the bathroom? On top of being glued to me, she was also suffering from a super runny nose, a slight cough and puffy eyes - and the occasional, no forewarning barf! Yes, it was exciting indeed!
I can't complain too much because I was able to call on my reserves - my mom!
Thank you Momma!
I owe her the world (or at least 2 days back to her life) for the time and special attention she gave to Elsie so I could take care of Brynn. It's days like these, that make me so happy that I have my mom nearby (only a 5 minute walk) and that she loves us so much to spend her whole weekend doing nothing but tending to us. I only hope that someday, I'm as good of a mom for my girls as my mom is to me now.
She gave me the funniest card today. I need to find a special spot to put this so I can see it everyday, several times a day! Because, there are many, many times I feel like Mr. Penguin with the fish!
Thanks mom, for keepin' it real!
OK - time for bed...
Thanks mom, for keepin' it real!OK - time for bed...
Can you tell I've been blogging deprived all weekend? It's 9 pm on a work night!
5 comments:
Do it, do it!! The cit is so cute and the bangs make it even cuter! I, too, am loving the bag thing but sadly I have hair that won't cooperate! :( It would be really cute on you, I'm sure of it and you would be able to, gasp, commit!
Poor Brynn! Sounds like she got all the medicine she needed though, a good dose of mommy! I din't know your mama lives so close! Aren't we lucky?! Gramdmas are the best! I hope Brynn is feeling better today.
Cit? One vowel off and it goes so badly! :)
And the "bag" thing was desperately needing a "n". So sorry about that! I have errors all over the place! I'm blaming the migraine I've had all day and the fact that I just woke up from a nap, which is unheard of for me!
I just realized you can barely read the words on my little penguin picture...
Relax, God's in charge.
Ahh...yes, HE is!
Sadina - I hope your head is feeling better! I feel for you - those nasty headaches are terrible and really can knock a girl out!
I say do it, do it too!!! Super cute!!!
Poor babies! Sorry the girls have been sick! How lucky to have your Mom so close and willing to help!! Priceless!!
Don't worry I have been obsessed with the topic of my hair as well. It's a never ending battle!
Sorry about your headache Deanie!
I really really love the haircut-- so stylish and effortless-looking! You know that I totally relate to the never-ending search for the perfect haircut, and I think that you've found a great one here!
Poor Brynn! It is so tough when you can't even go to the bathroom without making baby cry! But on the other hand, it is so nice to be so needed and so loved :) Your mom is the best, and I'll bet that she was more than happy to help with Elsie. I wish my mom lived so close :(
Post a Comment