February 26, 2009

OK...invitation accepted!

So, in Annie's latest blog about her adventure to Seattle, I'm not sure if she realized it or not, but her picture ... as seen here...

left me only one option - to arrange a visit to Seattle, ASAP!


I'm so excited! Beyond excited!!

Our little family of 4 has not been on a road trip in the LONGEST time, and I can not think of any place I'd rather go!


We are so excited to load up, and go visit Dev, Arnie, Joe and Lu and to meet Max (as best we can)! I told Elsie all about our plans last night and she's been talking about Joe and Lucy nonstop! It's amazing to me that she remembers the smallest details of the last visit we spent together at our house, like the fact that Joe saved her from monsters upstairs by squishing them with pillows, and that Lucy didn't talk much but she liked Elsie's toys, and that Elsie had a hard time sharing, but she is a "much better sharing girl now" ~ kids are amazing with recall, I'm jealous of her photographic memory!

So this weekend, I am all about preparation and craftiness...Max's gift has had to move up to the very top of the to-do list because we can't arrive empty handed. This is a quasi-baby shower, if Annie didn't know it already!

Oh, this will be so much fun! A reunion!!


There's only one thing that will be missing...Al & Bob...

(sorry buddy, I couldn't resist! ha ha ha!)

6 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Yay for road trips and good friends! Sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait to hear all about it in blog world! :)

Annie said...

First of all, what is that picture of Al and Rob??? I've never seen it! Were they Mormons for Halloween or something???

Second, I am VERY excited too! It will be great to see you, Q, E & B, and do you realize that it has been almost a year since our last visit?? Too long! I am glad that Elsie is so excited, and I am hopeful that she and Lucy are really going to hit it off!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Make sure you request Devon's famous spaghetti and bisquits!!! Also the Apple Dutch Babies!!!!

I am still dreaming about those delicious meals they made us when we were there!

Have sooo much fun and yes we want to hear all about it!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I can't believe there's not more teasing with the Allison and Robert photo!
I should have posted it bigger...I think I'll do it now!!

They were Mormons for Halloween a few years ago and this is my favorite picutre...

The bike helmets made the costumes rock!

Spaghetti and bisquits? Lisa, you have me curious!

Annie said...

Ah, yes, the larger picture of Al & Rob totally helps! What a funny costume! I love it! I really like how short Robert's tie is! You know, Andrea, by posting this picture, you could be inviting some retaliation from Allison!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I'm up for retaliation...I just want Allison to blog at least 2 times in one month...

OOOHHHHHH!!!!