February 24, 2009

On a Cupcake Roll!

I haven't tipped on a Tuesday in quite a while, but today, I'm feeling inspired...so hold on!
Cupcakes are all the rage at our house these days, Elsie would eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if she could! I guess all of us would, really, who am I kidding?

So, I bought a book that is all about cupcakes - it's wonderful and the ways they decorate are amazing! But, my favorite would have to be the cupcake in an ice cream cone...yes, it opens the doors to so many decorating options!

















I think my favorites by far, would have to be the flower pots ~ SO CUTE!
I'm thinking now, I need to host a tea party or something, just to have an excuse to make the little buggers! You are all invited!
Here's how to cook a cupcake in an ice cream cone ~
Fill 24 flat-bottom cones two-thirds full with cake batter.
Place the cones in a high-sided 9-by-13-inch baking pan and bake in two batches at 325° F for 30 minutes.
Let cool, then frost.
BONUS TIME!!
My secret recipe for cream cheese frosting - WARNING...it's so NOT low fat, and it is SO good, and this makes a ton of frosting!!
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
2 cubes of butter, softened
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP crushed pineapple
blend the cream cheese and butter first, then add vanilla and pineapple, then powdered sugar.
YUMMY ~ YUMMY ~ YUMMY

3 comments:

Annie said...

Yum! So cute! I really want to try it, and I'd like to RSVP for your tea party. Count me in!
Great tip, Buddy!

comfy cozy said...

You're speaking my language! Yummy! I am officially rsvp'ing! I want to try one of Andrea's famous cupcakes!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

YUMMY! I love anything cupcake and anything cream cheese!!!

DITTO on the RSVP!!!