November 4, 2008

Tuesday Tip

I'm inspired by Lisa's recipe share for the start of Tuesday Tip Day...so here's one of our favorites...BBQ Chicken Pizza...

Hit up Trader Joes for their whole wheat pizza dough - it's fabulous!
Follow the package directions for letting it warm up and stretching it out (the stretch out is the tricky part)
Toppings:
1 or 2 chicken breasts bake and shred them (Annie, minimal gross-ness, I promise!)
BBQ sauce - as much as you want (we love Sweet Baby Rays)
2-3 scallions / green onions chopped
Hand full of whole cashews
Shredded mozzarella cheese - as much as you want

After the pizza dough is ready to go - use BBQ sauce like pizza sauce.
Add a layer of cheese, then chicken and scallions
Shred the chicken and toss it in some BBQ sauce to lightly coat it
Top again with a little more cheese and bake.
With about 2 minutes to go - add cashews to toppings (so they don't burn)

Promise...it's fabulous!

6 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

YUMMY! I was so looking forward to your tip!! Cashews??? Who knew???!!!! The Blake's will be dishing up this delight before the week is out!

comfy cozy said...

Danny will especially LOVE this one! Yes, who knew cashews?! And whole-wheat pizza dough! That alone will make me feel like I'm being healthy! Sounds yummy and relatively easy. Great share!

Annie said...

Sounds yummy, as long as the chicken is minimal grossness, as promised!
For how long, and at what temp, do I bake the chicken?

Wilson Girlzz said...

I usually bake chicken breasts (thawed) for like 20-25 minutes at 350. I like to put tinfoil on the baking sheet, it makes clean up super easy and then you really don't have to touch any jucies. Wait, was that another tip?!

The cashews were the clincher for us. It's a fun twist. The only hard part about this is the dough. It's a little difficult to get the perfect pizza circle...

Annie said...

Yes, the foil under the chicken IS another tip! Anything to make clean-up easier is great!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

It's a TIPTOPIA!!!!
Keep em' coming!!!