November 3, 2008

Smooches!


I am feeling the urge to blog for the second time today...maybe it's that I don't really want to work, maybe it's that I have so much on my mind I can not focus. No, who am I kidding...it's because I want to talk about my brown...NOT BLACK hair.

Above, you'll see a sampling of my new hair color. Yes, it may indeed look to be black, but I urge you to look long and hard...it is in fact, pecan brown with mahogany undertones. Please tell me you agree!

Since I am not rockin' any sort of a tan, nor any make up in this picture, I do look extremely pasty...but I'm willing to share.

Here's the big question - IS IT TOO DARK?

I've been assured by loving family members and friends that it's just a change and I'll get used to it. But, come on, give me some real, sink your teeth into it feedback. I'm ready!

Next topic ~
Brynn's new found love of kissing.
How cute?! Seriously, this girl is a kissing fool!
She loves her big sister and the other morning, while playing in a suitcase together, Elsie leaned in for a smooch and got a little more than she bargained for. Brynn took the opportunity to lay a big wet one on Elsie! Elsie proceeded to cry because "Brynners tried to bite me!" but I was laughing too hard to offer up any sympathy.

Just this weekend, Brynn has started doing some funny new things. She has this new laugh that sounds like gasping, and you can see her little front teeth while she yucks it up. She's pulling herself up on anything and everything and now is fully letting go and trying to lunge forward, minus taking the all important step. She is unstoppable! I fear she's going to be walking by the end of this month - 9 months old and walking?! Elsie did, so why am I surprised?

I'm a helicopter mama these days - I feel like I just hover over the girls all day long. I drive myself crazy - thank goodness they don't tell me just how crazy I make them! I know some day they will...over and over! They'll probably offer up their opinions on my gothic hair as well ~ Oh, I can't hardly wait!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Okay, after reviewing the photo, I can honestly say that 1) it isn't black, 2) I think that it is a nice color. Assuming that you were expecting something lighter, it will definitely lighten up with washing. Maybe you are still in shock mode because you aren't used to the change, but I haven't seen you since April (sad sad!), and this photo wasn't shocking at all. Did I say that right? Like, if I had just met you, I wouldn't think, "Wow, AUndrea's hair is much too dark!" No way! I'd think, "Wow, what a lovely blend of mahogany and pecan." (wink wink) I hope this helps!

Brynn is getting so big, and I love that she is a kisser! Lucy is a kisser too. I can't wait to see your girlies again. Brynn is going to be a whole different person than the last time I saw her. If I remember correctly, she really liked me :)

comfy cozy said...

The hair is definitely NOT black, no gothic girl for you! I (honestly!) think it looks great! It's all in your head, sorry to say! But I can totally relate because my natural color is very dark (I refuse to ever say it's black, which it actually isn't...just very dark brown) and I remember once having Danny's mom color it to match my natural color...ummmm, let's just say that I was definitely goth girl!

The kissing is adorable! I have to admit, I will treasure the day when Hanna gives me a wet one and slips me the tounge. Did I just say that? I know, it's so wrong but I think it will be cute. What boundaries? Alright, I better stop while I'm ahead...I already think it's coming out all wrong!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Andrea your hair is super cute and I thought so before I even read the post or the question! I was thinking.....Oooooo Andrea's hair is so cute! I am assuming Beth did it and she is a hair rock star so no worries! You look amazing and I love love love it!!

Maysyn just started giving us big wet ones too with tongue I might add! I love it! Way to post up Andrea! Your readers are pleased.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks friends...I really am feeling better about the hair after reading all of your posts.

I just got slipped the tounge last night from Brynn - secretly it was great!