November 3, 2008

HALLOWEEN (finally!)



My turn around on pictures and blogging is starting to lag...apologies to all my devoted readers (ha ha).

Halloween was pretty fun. The Flower Fairy and Ladybug looked super cute. We trick or treated at the grandparents and that was about the extent of the big evening. I bought tons of candy anticipating mass amounts of trick-or-treaters, but failed to remember that when you are not home, you don't hand out candy...duh! Q's happy, he's got enough candy stashed away for at least a month!

We did get a few trick-or-treaters, Elsie was so excited to see their costumes and say "Happy Halloween - you want some candy?!" Pretty cute kiddo.

I do want to take this time to give a shout out to my mom for her tu-tu making abilities...she rocked the tri-colored pink fairy tu-tu! I was the 'embellisher.' I snazzied up the wings and made the wand and head band. I was in hot glue heaven! Doesn't the picture from behind crack you up? I love the Fairy Buns!
Brynn made for super cute ladybug - Elsie's hand-me-down...she fell asleep at my parents house on her back, belly up...it was too funny!
That's the extent of Halloween this year. I'm proud of our efforts considering how much we dread this time of year each fall.

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!! We forgive you for your delay!!! Well worth the wait!!!! That has to be the cutest little costume ever. Your bedazzling talents are out of this world.

I love the lady bug too! I love lady bugs for halloween so much that I made Tanner be one when he was 2 or 3 and Kennedy was one two years in a row! Tanner still can't get over it--he wants me to get rid of the pictures. Considering recent events.....I think I will keep ALL photos because you never know when they might come in handy!

comfy cozy said...

What precious girls you have, Andrea! I love the Fairy Bun pic and Brynn's cheeks (not buns!) look edible...delicious!

Who were you trying to kid saying that you're not feeling the Halloween spirit?! You outdid us all with the homemade costume (in part, thanks to grandma)! Blog on!

Annie said...

Cute girls! I can just imagine Brynn asleep with her round bug belly in the air!
Elsie is a great Flower Fairy! Tutu Janis has mad tu-tu skills! And I know your glue gun skills are top notch :) Great efforts, Andrea!
I bought a bunch of candy to pass out too, but we weren't home either. More candy for me!