October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween (from work!)


A full service shop...
What do you think?
This is the gang I work with every day.
Pretty fun group (most of the time!)

My boss, Jim, in the middle is hilarious...he sprayed his hair black (usually it's grey), has polyester pants on, his coat is ripped in the back, total used car sleaze ball! He's a riot!

Strange but true, this is the 2nd time I have sported a pair of cover-alls for a Halloween costume. The first time around was a little more...should we say...not public school district employee appropriate? Um, Yeah.

I'm usually anti-Halloween, but the girls in the office got me to participate. It's been a fun morning and a good excuse to not work too hard.

Tonight the girls are going trick or treating to the grandparents and auntie and uncle's houses and then we'll head home.

I'm trying so hard to maintain an enthusiastic front for Elsie and the concept of Halloween, the girl loves to get dressed up and I could really care less. I've got to change my ways! She and I did carve pumpkins the other night...two big ones! She was up to her elbows in pumpkin guts and loved every bit of it! Brynn sat by us and ate Cheerios the whole time. Amen for Cheerios! Q sat on the couch and I made him fill out his ballot...if he wasn't carving, he better be voting! So he did...what a good boy!

Side note...my hair may look BLACK, but don't be fooled.
It's a lovely shade of pecan with some mahogany undertones (sure!) I haven't had this dark of hair ever - it's a little shocking. Beth (sister in law / hair dresser to the family) reassured me it will fade and that it "brings your eyes out" - OK, whatever you say!
Re-invention of self...step 1...not so sure...

6 comments:

comfy cozy said...

What a riot, Andrea! A full service shop indeed. You had me thinking for a minute "where does she work?". And you've peaked my curiosity as to what you were the other time you wore coveralls. My imagination can't come up with anything inappropriate on that one! Hints?


Funny, I have a family member that does my hair and you never are quite sure if they're just being nice with the compliments. But I have to say, your hair looks great and it does not look black. And yes, I can see the "bringing out the eyes" statement. I get that same one when I stick with my natural color (which it is right now due to needing low-maintenance, not necessarily by choice!).

I totally relate with the Halloween thing and you wouldn't ever see me dressed up! I would make a fool out of myself with the lack of creativity. I am trying to muster up the energy for tonight. Good thing Hanna is too young to know yet if tonight bombs!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Andrea I love it! Awesome coveralls! Halloween is always a fun day at work. It does look like a fun bunch!

Don't worry about not being enthusiastic with the kids you look like you have more spooky spirit than any of us!

What are your kids dressing up as?

By the way I think trick or treating the family is the BEST!

Annie said...

You all look great! Looks like a fun group-- your boss is so funny! I'm proud of you for dressing up and having some Halloween spririt--I'll bet that Elsie is proud of you too!

I think that your hair looks great. Honestly, and I really mean this, you are able to pull off dark or light hair-- they both look good on you. You are lucky. I look like a vampire when I have dark hair!

Ah, yes, I remember years ago when we wore cover-alls for Halloween. I even remember a certain tattoo drawn onto your arm. hmmm.... hehehe

Make sure to post pictures of your girls dressed up tonight!

Wilson Girlzz said...

You do remember...the Lube Doctor.
OH, and the hair??
We were pretty cute that night!

Annie said...

You know, I could dig out some pictures...
hahahaha!
I can think of one specifically with the Lube Doctor on the dancefloor!

Wilson Girlzz said...

please don't do it!!