April 10, 2009

Did you miss me??

Gosh, it's been a while!
I wish I had a fabulous reason, some unbelievable story to tell that has kept me from blogging, but I have nothing. Truthfully, I've just felt like I've been boring lately - silly huh? And now that I've been missing for so long, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure to impress and inspire!

I think the best place to start is with some of my favorite things and a new found 'treasure' - I'm a sucker for spring flowers, daffodils and tulips are hard to beat! I've got them scattered all over the house and each time I catch a glimpse, they make me smile.

Another thing, the treasure, that makes me smile, is my new favorite wine...Moscato!

I'm a cheap date when it comes to wine - it just has to have a fruity, fresh taste with none of that ridiculous after-bite. This Moscato is just perfect - it's a lot like a Riesling, but better! I'm embarrassed that the picture I chose to post is of an empty bottle, but I had to ~ I've just now started to enjoy the vino once again, after being preggers and a new mommy for like 3 straight years, it feels good to be back.

I've always thought it would be fun to be savvy about wine, so I welcome your suggestions! Again, I'll mention, I'm a cheap date when it comes to wine...the last glass of this bottle accompanied a cheeseburger - I know! Gross, yet so good! It was an indulgent night for sure!!

The girls have been doing so many more things TOGETHER lately; it's amazing to watch them grow into friends. Elsie is an amazing big sister - she loves to pretend she's the teacher and show Brynn how to do everything. We are working on the fine line between being bossy and being a teacher - it's a tough concept for a 3 year old, but I'll give her credit for trying! Not only is she a great teacher, she's an awesome when it comes to sharing. Brynn gets a nibble of just about every treat or snack Elsie has and we don't even have to ask her to do it!

It makes me so happy that they have each other and love each other so much. I hope it stays this way forever!!

I've been feeling so sappy lately about my babies growing up...especially with my 2 besties in the world expecting babies soon, it's making me feel like there's a void. Don't read too far into this, we're no where near planning number 3, but it does seem so strange to not have a baby-baby-baby to hold. Annie, Allison, be ware, I may be coming soon and often to get my fix of your new loves!

Easter plans...
We've decided to opt out of church this year - my busy body girls would most likely cause some sort of major distraction during the service - I just don't want to risk it and ruin someone elses special time!
So, sleeping in is on the list - well, the wish list...we'll see if that really happens!

We're doing brunch at Q's brother's house with his parents. I'm excited. Nolan is planning an egg hunt for the girls (super cute!) and Auntie Bessy is attempting to cook for a crowd - she's not super domestic, so we are all impressed with her efforts and thoughtfulness!

After Nolan and Beth's we are going to come home and refresh and then head over to Elsie's friend, Zane's house for his neighborhood Easter egg hunt - it should be fun and hopefully the weather man is wrong because it's supposed to rain. Maybe we'll have a living room hunt (and re-hunt for sure) just like Joe!! His parents are awesome and I think we have finally found our first "couples friends" - it's not an easy thing to do!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Eat lots of sweet treats and don't forget where those real eggs are hidden!!

Who can resist this smoochable face?

5 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

YES!!! I missed you!!! Welcome back!!! Okay I was just about to write a fun long comment but Maysyn has "opted out" of her morning nap so I will have to come back in a bit!

Annie said...

First, I can totally relate to not blogging because I just feel so boring! No pressure, buddy!

Love the flowers, and I can't wait to try the vino! Seriously, can't wait! I am a cheap date with wine too, and Riesling is (was) my current preference, so I bet I'll really like Moscato. Welcome back to the drinking world :)

It truly is so great that E and B are so close in age. Gosh, I can't imagine my childhood without Adam (and Seth), and I am counting on Lucy and Max being bffs too.

You know, if you ever decide to go Round 3 with pregnancy, you'd get tons of support and cheerleading... or you can smooch on Max and Baby Heinrich and hope that the baby-need is fulfilled :)

comfy cozy said...

YES! You've been missed! Yay and welcome back! I hear ya on the blogging thing. Sometimes we just go through a funky phase. Let's see, okay the wine thing. Sorry, I have no tips for you. Still nursing and really never enjoyed wine much. Now a cold Budweiser or a whiskey sour. That's more my style. Yeah, white trash is more my style! :) Or should I say it was? Now I'm practically mormon.

Your Easter sounds delightful! Busy and fun for the girls. I'm so glad they're becoming such good little buddies. Although, the true test may be if Elsie will share her Easter candy with Brynn! Brynn will be like "Hello?! What happened to that nibble thing we had going on?!" And yes, couple friends are near impossible. It rarely works for Danny and I where we both connect. We're talking four people that have to connect!Now that can be challenging!

Now, I must address baby no. 3! I would LOVE it!!! So, I'm just going to throw this out there only amongst us girls (and whoever blog-stalks!) but Danny and I are thinking about baby no. 2 and having Hanna and baby be approx. 2 to 2 1/2 years apart. The thought of being prego again though gives me MAJOR anxiety! I have many reasons but that is a blog in itself for another day. So...my point is that you are welcome to join if that time frame works for you! :) I know, I'm so annoying. I just took it and ran with it when you clearly said that you weren't thinking about it really! Alright, I shall end this novel I'm writing. Happy Easter!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Hi I'm Baaaaack!!! I love your Easter plans, your flowers, and your sissy besties!!! It is so wonderful that they have eachother!! I love all of this talk of more babies...I am going to just jump right in and encourage it!!!! I could definitely see the Blake's going for number 4 here when Maysyn is getting close to two!!! I know wild!! I would just love anyone that wants to join in! Thankful that Sadina is already on board!!

BTW don't ever feel like there is blogging pressure! I am happy with th little posts too! Twitter us Andrea!!!

Okay, well the eggs are boiling and I have the ingredients for Sadina's famous Easter bread, we are all set! Have fun at Beth and Nolan's!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I think this is HILARIOUS that the conversation of the NEXT BABY has totally started - and I must say, I am SO excited!!

Sadina - you crack me up with the white trash mormon comment! I really lauged out loud :o)

Trust me, after one glass I'm about ready to dance on a table! Not only do I like cheap wine, I only need one or two glasses and I'm DUNZO - cheap date all around - every guys dream!! Gosh, baby #3 might be coming sooner than we think (ha ha)