Oh, Easter...you came and went so fast and we certainly had a great time, bunnies, eggs, baskets, brunch, chocolate (damn you Easter Bunny!), and all!
I'd like to introduce you to what Q refers to as the Pastel Posse (funny huh!?) I'm not sure the picture does the posse leader much justice...it's actually an Easter basket liner that he took out and proceeded to use as his 'do rag' for the egg dyeing events of the day.
I'd like to introduce you to what Q refers to as the Pastel Posse (funny huh!?) I'm not sure the picture does the posse leader much justice...it's actually an Easter basket liner that he took out and proceeded to use as his 'do rag' for the egg dyeing events of the day.
I laughed so hard. It was one of those moments when you are not sure just why you are laughing as hard as you are, but you have zero ability to stop, let alone breathe. Ahh, can't you tell Brynn was loving his humor too?
Pastel Posse 2009
Elsie was very serious about her eggs - she was so careful and so organized, matching colors, etc. Who would have guessed that dyeing 13 eggs would have occupied her for a good 2 hours?

Easter Morning! My bunnies and their baskets!
An egg hunt with Auntie Bessie - she and Nolan were so sweet to hide eggs and have baskets ready for the girls after serving brunch!
Nothing to do with Easter, but a silly picture of Brynners and me - do you think her hair cut makes her look like Lloyd Christmas? Think Dumb and Dumber!
We really did have a great Easter weekend, it was tiring and full of good food and too much chocolate. Seriously, I have ZERO self restraint when it comes to those stupid, pretty foil wrapped peanut butter cups and eggs! Why do I buy them? I can't blame anyone but myself for bringing the temptation into our home...each year, I tell myself 'don't do it' but then, I do...
Because of the serious need for some chocolate-detox, and some motivation otherwise, I've decided to call upon an idea from college - Annie, you'll probably remember this lingo from our good old days -
The EGG a day philosophy.
We devised this term to help us remember what to do on a daily basis - Exercise, Good-eats (I'm improvising on this one, I know it was something about eating good though!), and God.
I'm ready to start and I think, I'm even going to toss in the idea of eating an egg everyday. Did you know that an egg is the only food that has all of the essential vitamins needed in one serving? The only vitamin it's lacking is the big C - pretty impressive little buddy!
We'll see how it works. I'm not making any promises and I'm going to start with baby steps. I really hope I can make a commitment to my EGG. My track record lately has been anything but stellar - sigh, huff, oh bother!
I was reminded by our Posse leader that today is Tuesday Tip Day - here's a tip from the Pastel Posse:
Careful what neighborhood you roll into...don't tread on Teal when you are wearing Chartreuse. It's all about color combinations...dog (or should we say, bunny?).

4 comments:
Hilarious!!! What a great way to wake up, Andrea! Seriously, I needed that laugh out loud humor because I have been in a serious unexplainable funk the past two days. The Lloyd Christmas comment was sooo funny! Brynn could pull off any haircut and still look adorable! I just love dem cheeks! Really, your girls are so precious and your Pastel Posse leader is pretty precius in his do-rag as well! What a man for letting you post that on the www! Sounds like a perfect Easter weekend for a perfect little family!
Hello! So funny!
First, I love the pastel posse, and I have to ask- is Q in on the blogging these days?? Elsie's eggs look great :) I love that she was careful and organized about the project-- a first-born after my own heart!
Looks like you had a great Easter! I indulged in lots of candy and sweets too- 'tis the season!
I LOVE Brynn's short bangs :) She is so cute!
Your EGG a day plan cracked me up! I hope that it is going well, and as soon as I am not pregnant, I will join you!
Oh, and I forgot to say that I love your new background!
Andrea! I am a comment loser! Sorry to leave ya hangin'! This post is adorable and hilarious! The pastel posse is my faaavorite!!
Looks like you had an eggtacular (ha ha) Easter!!!
The girls are precious! Perfect Bunnies!BTW I am loving your hair!
Post a Comment