July 25, 2011

My Graduate

Elsie graduated this past Friday.

She graduated from The Growing Tree where she has spent the last 5 years building self esteem, learning to share, learning that it's not okay to bite your friends (it's a seriously important life lesson), practicing her manors, making special connections with teachers and friends and figuring out that she has a strong love for learning that runs deep.

I am proud of Elsie.
I cried alligator tears beneath my aviators as I heard her teachers talk about how special she was to their class, The Blossoms.

They commended her on her thoughtfulness, her compassion and her killer puzzle-putting-together ability.

It seems so ironic that I cried, okay, let's be honest, I sobbed, the first day I left her there as a baby and started my journey as a 'working mom.' I remember feeling like the worst person in the world that day and seriously regretting every minute I was away...and then Friday, there I was crying again this time because I was so proud of all we have accomplished together...and a bit sad that this happy chapter of her life was coming to a close.

There is something very special, very much indescribable, and very genuine in how much this group of kids loves and cares for each other; after all, they have really known each other their entire lives. 


Claire, Mila (BFF), Oscar (future son-in-law), Elsie & Zane.

These kids love each other and I love them.

Congratulations Graduates!
Kindergarten here - we - cooommeee!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

How sweet is this post?!? I can not believe that your little "Olive" is moving on the Kindergarten! You are so brave...I too would have been crying. Someday soon I will call you asking for pointers on how you survived graduation from their first "school!" Love you!

Annie said...

Congrats to the graduate and the mama!! What a great group of kids- I can tell that they are all good buds. Will any of them be going to the same elementary school as Elsie?
I love the kller puzzle-putting-together ability :) Can Elsie come help me with my puzzle??!!