April 12, 2011

Kindergarten

It wasn't that long ago, that we had a sweet baby girl.
9 pounds 7 ounces and all of it was pure, beautiful and yummy.


It's hard to believe that the sweet baby who I love so much is now 5.
Even harder, is to try and explain just how fast time goes by - I don't think anyone truly understands it until they become a parent.

Tomorrow is going to be one of the most surreal days that I've had as a mama.
Tomorrow is Kindergarten registration.

Here is where we will be at 2:30 sharp:

Elsie's new school.
My old school.

Pretty wild that Elsie will be going to elementary school at the same school I did.
Jewell Elementary, home of the Jaguars.
Next fall my baby will be a Jewell Jaguar.

I'm anxious and excited and not quite sure how I'll hold back my tears; but I am going to do my best because Elsie is excited.
She is beyond excited.
She will rock Kindergarten - she's more than ready to get going, move forward and start her new chapter.

What does the mom of an elementary student do?
Should I join the PTA?
Be a parent volunteer?
Tips? Advice? Sympathy?

Anyone...




3 comments:

Allison said...

I can not believe that she is old enough to go to kindergarten. I can totally see you being the home room mom and on the PTA. It fantastic that she is ready to go...I think that it would make it that much harder if she was crying and clinging to you leg. :(

Jana's school had a Boo-Hoo breakfast for the parents after they dropped their kids off for the first time. She said that there were more mom's crying than there were kids crying. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again...I can not believe that she is old enough to go to kindergarten.

(I think it's really cool that she will go to the same school you went to.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! So you are probably not even checking this blog since you are jetsetting all over Cali! :) However, the big K is such a big step! :) It was such a neat day both times we have experienced it! Filled with so much pride and excitement and yes, tears! :) Yes, my two cents is be as involved as you possibly can! Volunteering, the ptc, the whole nine! :) No pressure! :)))

I really think it is incredibly special that she will go to the same school you did!!! Pitter patter!

Okay, now it's time for a tell all San Diego post!!!

Molly Andersson said...

oh my goodness! I cant believe shes gonna be in kindergarten and Ive never even met her!! She will do great and be adorable! :) And I think you should volunteer to go on all the field trips! I always loved when my mom did and we got to find out who was riding in our car!