June 22, 2010

God's Timing

Not much in the past 2 years has really "gone our way."
We've been tested time and time again, and seem to always pull through, but I admit, I am getting tired and I know Quentin is too.

Just last week, a job opened up, a job we've been clued in on and waiting for a little more than a year now.

It would basically be Quentin's dream job - he would be one of the sports directors for our local parks and recreation district. The people who would be his boss have either called or stopped by our house to make sure he is applying. Very sweet and very promising!

Dreamy as it may sound, several pieces have to fall into place in order to make this work. Key piece being the daycare for Elsie and Brynn.

The Growing Tree, where we had them before (and would not go anywhere else) typically has a waiting list of over 9 months for full time spots, especially for little Brynners age group. I've been dreading the call to see what the wait list was like. I just didn't want to hear, what I assumed I would, and then would have to let Quentin know his dream job would have to be put on hold because there was nothing open for the girls.

Today, I made the call and today we found out that there is a place for both Elsie and Brynn, full time, as of August 1.

I cried.
God's really does have a master plan for us and His timing in life really does work.

Maybe us Wilson's are turning the corner.
For today, I think we are, well, at least rounding the corner.

4 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh what wonderful news Andrea!!!! I am so happy for you! What great things are to come for you!!!!

YAY Q!

comfy cozy said...

Oh Andrea, that would be so wonderful if Q got his dream job! Truly, a man that enjoys going to work is a happy man! Seriously, I'll say my prayers for you guys. Um, I think I owe you many, many chats with the man upstairs, considering all the ones you did for me! And what a wonderful thing to have the girls be where you love and feel secure having them there! (Love the name "The Growing Tree!")I do think that a corner is indeed being turned!

As for the topic of God's timing; that is a novel in itself. Sometmes it is so hard to understand and relinquish that notion of power we THINK we have. It is all in His hands and may His be placed over the sweet Wilson fam! :)

Annie said...

Such great news! Wow, I didn't quite catch the magnitude of it all when we spoke this afternoon (in a car with three loud children!). I didn't realize that Q's job would be with sports- what a great fit for him!
I am really happy for you all, and you are so right about God's timing. It is always nice to look back and realize, "Oh, God, now I see why it worked out that way..."
Love you!

Allison said...

Cheers for turning the corner! Hooray!