December 31, 2009

Quick Little Recap

We had ourselves a Merry little Christmas - it was a great one, filled with lots of love and some very happy girls! Here are a few of my fav photos and a quick Christmas summary ~


Christmas morning...before they woke!



New bling for all the girls!



Two peas in a pod ;o)


Tu-Tu and the girls (note the slippers...she accessorised them! So stinkin' cute!)


I took the week of Christmas off work, and then, worked Monday. Deciding it was too terribly quiet and not much of me was needed, I've taken this week off as well...and have been LOVING IT!! The girls have been dressed as faries, princesses, or ballerinas everyday and their new baby dolls have been well taken care of. We've read, watched movies, and had plenty of snuggle time while it snowed outside.



This week has turned into mission organization, painting and decorating.

I'm not totally surprised at my frantic behavior. It seems to happen to me this time of year. Maybe it was the gift card to Home Depot, or the need to refresh the color scheme in a couple bedrooms and a bathroom, or it could have been the Target ad in which every single tupperware type of storage container was on sale. Needless to say, I took advantage of all three.



As I've been painting and organizing, I've been thinking and there is much more behind all my busy-ness. I'm flushing out, changing things and getting ready for the new year.



To say that 2009 was a hard one for our family, would be quite an understatement. We've gone through so many struggles with relationships, jobs, finances and homes. Each one taking their toll on both Q and I, all the while, we try to maintain and be good, no, great, parents, and to not let our children feel the wrath of it all.



In loosing much, you learn to appreciate more. I think that is where I have found my peace. It has been a difficult journey, and I am full of hope as we move forward to 2010!



I'd be completely selfish to say that 2009 was "bad" because it brought some amazing gifts as well. The two biggest and best gifts, easily, are Max and Everett. Seeing one best friend become a mother again, and the other become a mother for the first time was awesome. Their excitement, pure joy and love for their families was a great way for me to keep my head on straight.



The fact that Nolan and Beth have worked through their unbelievably difficult time and are still married and are happier than ever before is truly that of God's work. Thank you Jesus.

The addition of the yellow bus to our family is also a point to smile upon - for Q - he is completely happy with his special bus. It's been good for our family as we've already created happy memories and I look forward to many more, knowing full well that the girls will always look back fondly on their "papa's bus."



This will be the last post of the "learning year" and I hope you all have a wonderful way to celebrate this evening - if it's just sitting next to your loved one(s) on the couch and sipping sparkling cider while watching the ball drop in your snugly jammies - know that you will be in good company, because that's what we are all about here!


p.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Love, love, love it!
What a great recap!
Love the bling for all the ladies, and Q and the knome are awesome, and the matching nighties and the embellished slippers are darling (does tu-tu take orders? I'd like to order a pair for myself!).
I'm so glad that you've been enjoying your time off of work, and it is even snowing?!?! I am jealous that you are taking on some home projects-- you are so good at home projects! I love home organization! I fully expect to see some pictures of the finished work!
I know that 2009 wasn't an easy one for the little Wilson clan, but I fully believe that you will all be stronger for having made the necessary adjustments to get through, and I agree that 2010 will be a good year! I too am full of hope!
And, yes, 2009 did bring some good sheesh, like Max and Everett :)
Love you!!

comfy cozy said...

LOVE this post and as usual, LOVE your perspective! You're a wise one, Wilson! :)

Your home looked positively cozy Christmas morning!!! (I adore your river rock, btw!) And those rings!! Me likey very much! You three matching is too cute and must warm Q's heart to no end! And yes, the slippers could not be any cuter! I'm thinkin' the girls had a very merry Christmas with all their accessories!

Happy New Year and cheers to 2010 being the BEST EVER for US ALL!!!