November 25, 2009

I am Thankful for...ALLISON!!

This year, Thanksgiving happens to fall of a very special day...Allison's Birthday!
This year is a special one indeed...it's the big 3-0 ~ a fine, fine club to be a part of!

It's no secret, that I love this girl - love her with all my heart in fact - and so, I thought it would only be fitting to share the top 30 reasons why I love her as much as I do!!

Ready, set, here we gooooo!!!

The Top 30 Reasons Why I Love You, Allison!!


1. You were my very first friend at Westmont, and I knew from that first meeting, you'd be a friend for life.


2. You love, love, love anything that is blue and sparkly!

3. You are a fighter - you amaze me with you strength and ability to bounce back from anything.

4. "Y'all get fired up" sometimes, and I love it!


5. You love your family. Your love is deep and unfailing - and inspiring.

6. You have a weird thing about people touching your feet...it makes me want to tickle your toes.

7. You are a mommy now and it's so amazing to hear you talk about Everett. I can tell from talking to you and how happy you are that being a mom was your destiny.

8. You survived living in Vegas - nice work mama!

9. You used to sleep with piles of clean clothes on your bed, back in college, just because you didn't want to put them away...do you still do that? (ha ha)

10. Your hair rocks...it can be curly, it can be straight...I've always had hair-envy!

11. You are "the Chicken" - love me some white meat! ;o)

12. You were kind enough to offer to invite me home with you our freshman year for Thanksgiving. You opened up your home and introduced me to your awesome family - thank you!

13. You are funny! Super funny!

14. You and I have made it through some tough conversations and we are still best buds - I appreciate that you and I can talk about the icky stuff, and be honest, and still love each other.

15. Your love for Texas. I'm happy you are back, even though it's so far away!

16. You are confident and successful. I'm so impressed and proud of all that you've accomplished in such a short period of time.

17. You are real. I love that between us, there's no hiding anything.

18. You don't digest the milk so well, but that doesn't keep you from eating ice cream!!

19. You totally get my sense of humor and my dumb jokes.

20. You are an amazing friend and I really am so blessed to have you for a best friend.

21. You are hilarious when you don't sleep - you do super weird stuff, and look funny, and even let people take pictures of you (don't worry, they are hidden!)

22. You are strong in your faith and are an inspiration for those who know the whole story.

23. You are genuine.

24. You are a hard worker. I'll never forget your horrible laundry duty while being a trainer, and you always did it...without too much of a whine...but who wouldn't whine when washing some dudes gross practice uniform?

25. You have a kind, loving, warm heart. Anyone who knows you, loves you.

26. You have the ability to forgive.

27. Your family is awesome. Your mom is hilarious, dad is so kind, and sister is the best - I'm so glad you two are as close as you are.

28. You are a spit fire and sassy!

29. You are thoughtful and caring and never miss a special day for your friends.

30. You really are my soul mate - the things we've been through, good, bad, happy and sad have really defined our frienship and I so appreciate all that you are and how much love you have shared with me. I love you!


Now for the picture portion of this tribute!
This is you on your 20th birthday, in Bend, when you and Annie came home with me for Thanksgiving!
(I was so excited to find this picture! )


See...sassy!

Baby Shower! We didn't know it, but Elsie was in there :o)



A little Bachelorette-ing in Vegas!!



Bridesmaids Extraordinaire!!


And, now for some good, old fashioned fun!!

"T D F" is right!



Shuga-Shack Graduates :o)



Scooter Shopping!!



See, you are tough, and a hottie!



The A Team!

I LOVE YOU!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and a fabulous year ahead, not to mention, another fab 30!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

OH ANDREA!!!!
OH ALLISON!!!!

What a perfect list for Big Al! You've mentioned so many perfect, wonderful and funny things! She really is one of the strongest people that I know! And it is so true that she is a hard worker!
It is such a tragedy that Texas is so far away :( I miss you, Little Chicken!

Happy Birthday Allison! Welcome to the 30 club!
Great list Andrea!

Oh, and Allison, you really do have fabulous hair!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Aaaaawww what a sweet tribute! I have always loved the A team crew! You guys just have something so A-wesome! Allison, if you are reading this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and happy montherhood!!! Blogworld misses you terribly and we want to meet Everett!!!

Great list Andrea! I loved every second of it!

comfy cozy said...

Super sweet Andrea! You guys are so blessed to have eachother!

I loved the way-back-when pics! It reminded me of just how awesome those days were! They were so carefree, weren't they?!

Maybe this will entice Allison to come back?! :)