I got my tooshie out of bed at 5:30 this morning and headed to the garage and spent a half hour bonding with my new-to-me treadmill.
Um, let's just say, mama has some work to do!
I was unpleasantly surprised at how out of shape I am!
However, as Quentin reminded me, it's a starting point and I can only improve.
Improvement means continuing this routine, day after day - I suppose at some point I'll begin to crave the workout, the adrenaline rush, the boost in endorphins; but right now, my coffee can't kick in fast enough and there might be a Tylenol or two in my future for some "pain relief!"
Oy Vey!
6 comments:
Okay, I cannot lie- we're all about being real here right?! Um, the thought of an early morning workout leaves me with a flurry of emotions- guilty (for not doing it), envious (wish I had the motivation), but mostly yucky (I don't imagine I'll ever be that kinda girl that enjoys working out, which leads to more emotions!).
Oh my, see what you started! :)
No really though, I'm proud of you!! Keep it up! Goooooo Annnnnndrea (my cheer, complete with a cartwheel which you didn't get to see)!
P.S. Brynners in her Duck hat is so cute!
Thanks for the cheer...I think day #2 might be harder than #1...I will use the cartwheel visual to inspire me!! :o)
Oh hats off to you Andrea! I was just talking to Annie today who can attest to my ABSOLUTE ADMIRATION for her stroller striding! I could never work out in the a.m. and actually don't like to at any time of day. I do however LOVE my 4 mile walks with my hubby at night! Sometimes I do my senior citizen girl-push up routine but that is the extent of it!
You keep it going girl! For ALL of us!!!
woo hoo!
I'm impressed!
I've often heard of the "runner's high" but I've never experienced it-- have you? I'm beginning to think it is a myth!
So, do you listen to music while you run? If so, what beats keep you going?????
I hope that your coffee eventually kicked in and that some Tylenol helped :)
You rock!
I do bust out the iPod for the morning workout...Shakira (she wolf) is always heard at least once!!
Sing it with me!!!
Post a Comment