September 1, 2009

Another attempt

I have very big expectations for tomorrow.

In my constant attempt to reinvent myself (yes, the topic has come up here before) I am at it again. This time, inspiration struck in an odd place...the Ikea Kitchen catalogue.

As weird as it may seem, I really do love every aspect of my cute little friend below.

#1. Hair...TDF right?
#2. Shoes...I love, love, love flats!
#3. Attire...tailored, yet casual and comfy, every girl's dream huh?
#4. Pearls...I've always wished I could wear them more...and look, it totally works without being stuffy!


Again, I will take the picture to my 'stylist' aka sister in law, and hope for the best! I don't think I'll be blonde, but I hope to God she can come close to this hair cut...she has no idea what kind of pressure she's under!

My wardrobe needs some serious attention too...just today, I noticed how yellow-ish my white shirts have gotten, and how most of my clothes have been around for at least 3 years...minimum! Yikes!

What has happened to me? I used to be the one who was trendy, and always loved a good shopping trip. Anymore, I avoid shopping for clothes like the plague, have not a clue what my 'perfect fit' of Gap jeans might be and am down right confused what department to shop in...tweeny bopper? young professional? it's like I don't fit in anywhere!

Then there is the issue of shoes...again, I was the shoe queen, never met a pair I didn't love, or leave at the store for that matter, and now, I'm in a vicious rotation of flip flops and flats.

I'd like to blame it all on being a mom, too busy, no time, but then I look around and there are all these other moms who do manage to pull themselves together on a regular basis - they kind of kill my excuse.

Thus, the reinvention!

Here's to keeping up a cute hair style (hopefully it's cute), this means, maintaining the cut and the color!

Here's to making an attempt to regain some sort of style, that is all my own, unique to me, and slightly sassy. I have to out-sass Penelope at work...it's my secret mission! My motivation!

Here's to caring just a little more. Paint the toenails! Maybe get a manicure?!

Be that mom people look at and say "wow, she really has it goin' on!" (even if it's a total facade!)

4 comments:

Annie said...

you crack me up!
yes, the Ikea girl has some cute style, and it can totally be achievable!
I even enlarged the picture and I really like the haircut :)
You are not alone in the mama-style rut. I'm there too!! And not only do I not know where to shop, but who has the time??? Forget taking kids to shop for clothes!!
If you find some cute shoes, let me know! I only wear flip flops these days, and that can only last so long!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I am loving it Andrea! So cute and I am so with you...always trying to spice it up a bit! Sometimes, I can go a few days in "workout wear" and I don't even workout!!! Flip flops are the rock of my wardrobe!

The Ikea kitchen girl has great style and I am sure Beth can pull it off!!! More than that YOU can rock that short sassy style!!!

Keep your readers posted!!!

comfy cozy said...

I'm cracking up!! You just summed up my dilemna too!!

I can totally relate with the hair dilemma, the wardrobe saga, and the darn fact that those "other" over-achiever moms are not helping with the excuse part! Whatever and just where did they come from?! Seriously, how can one do it all?! And you sooo had me at the "where do I fit in?" part! I'm not sure either! I guess that's why I just primarily shop at the Gap...'cause it's fairly easy and there is no temptation to go into the teeny bopper dept., which I know darn well those jeans in that dept. will only exasperate the muffin-top! Sheesh!

Love this post, love that I'm not alone, and looking forward to your update! :)

Molly Andersson said...

ooo I cant wait to see the new do :) you should post pictures!!
I think you'll be even cuter than the picture... the ikea girl will ant to reinvent herself to look like you :)