PICKLING CUCUMBERS!!!

Yes, it's true.
Yesterday I placed my order at our local produce stand for 25 pounds (the minimum amount you can buy...'uhhh, alright') of pickling cucumbers, some fresh dill and fresh garlic.
I'm diving in! This weekend I plan on pickling, alot of pickles!
Evidently, 25 pounds of cukes, is roughly 25 quart size jars of pickles...(um, that might be like a two year supply!)
A friend of mine from work, who I like to refer to as a domestic rock star, is going to teach me, and she swears on her life that canning is one of the easiest things in the world. I hope so! I'm pretty excited! I have big plans...pickles, peaches, pears, applesauce, marinara sauce, and maybe some jelly too!? A girl could really go wild!
I promise to post the pictures after my pickling party - maybe I'll even send you all a jar for Christmas, because, what in the world am I going to do with all these pickles?!
3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh.
I thought that "25 pounds of..." was going to lead to "Brynn!"
What in the world???
Where are you going to put all of them? This is a very interesting development!
You are my version of a domestic rockstar, so I can't wait to hear/see how this project works out for you!
Yes, we'd love to place an order for some xmas pickles :)
...you would die to know that I have 180 quart size canning jars in my garage right now...dying huh!? Q thinks I am nuts!
The Rantz's are on my Pickle List!
OOOOOO Blake Bunch wants one too! Okay, I have never had anything "pickled" but I love cucumbers and any domestic project! Andrea I am pumped! I would love to learn! Especially the jellies and marinara!!!!
This is right up my alley today because I am feeling very fallish and like baking things!!!
Love the image of your jar factory in the garage! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment