Learning experience #1...
Chenille blankets are NOT to be washed and dried by the "lay woman" in her modest home appliances.
Exhibit 1. A, your honor, my lovely pink Dyson vacuum cleaner.
This was round three from vacuuming out the dryer. I'm not even kidding. It was unreal! I might be a fool for not knowing this little laundry secret; but let me just forewarn you, or remind you...NEVER EVER wash your soft chenille blankie in your machine at home. Unless you plan on re stuffing a couch cushion or two, it's not worth it!
Valuable reminder, and lesson #2 of the weekend...
Too much dried fruit is dangerous!
This great snack mix from good old Costco quickly became my nemesis this weekend. While in a cleaning frenzy today I found myself hitting the bag on the fly-by numerous times. I was especially fond of all the exciting dried fruit options - strawberries, pineapple, mango, papaya, cherries, raisins and even kiwis!
Oh, the excitement that was to come about 4 hours later, was nothing that I had ever imagined! May I just say, I have apologized to my family NUMEROUS times this evening and will not go into more detail than needed. Gotta match!?
Learning experience #3...
Your older sister is still figuring out how to "play" with the hose and fancy nozzle.
Little Brynners, thank God the nozzle was adjusted to the spray/mist setting and not the scar your sweet little skin forever heavy stream setting! It was totally not intentional, in fact both were crying after it happened, but I can guarantee you Brynn will stay far, far away from her sister the "gardener" in the future!
Valuable reminder #4...
Valuable reminder #4...
Weddings are awesome! Attend one to be reminded of your many loves...
We attended a wedding this weekend at the same place we were married. It was so much fun to be a guest and actually take in the beautiful atmosphere, food, and...WINE where we had our special day that seems to be a blur in my memory.
Oh, the wine (love #1) flowed freely and flowing freely only leads to funny business - like busting moves on the dance floor (love #2) that only "cousin vino" could help you pull off. While I didn't h
ave my camera with me (oops!) I was able to find a dance floor picture, that should give you a great idea of how our night played out ~ I hope you enjoy!!
And then there is the more serious side to this wedding attendance, the fact that it reminds you just how special your husband (love #3, but really should have listed as #1!) is and how in love you were the day you got married.
ave my camera with me (oops!) I was able to find a dance floor picture, that should give you a great idea of how our night played out ~ I hope you enjoy!!And then there is the more serious side to this wedding attendance, the fact that it reminds you just how special your husband (love #3, but really should have listed as #1!) is and how in love you were the day you got married.
It's refreshing for me to go to weddings every now and then. Hearing vows, seeing the passion and commitment in the bride and grooms eyes as they join into one, ALWAYS seems to get me.
I'm a cryer and trust me, the tears flowed freely Saturday night. It was a sweet, sweet ceremony and a beautiful evening. I really do feel thankful that we were invited to share their special day. Whether they realize or not, they gave me a gift too - the reminder of how special my marriage is.
Speaking of special love...how could I possibly leave out my all time favorite bride and groom photo?!
Lesson #5...
Be yourself with the one you LOVE!!
I love you Annie & Pedro!
4 comments:
Thank you, thank you for all the warnings, especially the chenille blanket one!! I can't believe the havoc it wreaked!! I once bought a lovely red-ish blanket and washed it, only to find tiny red chunks on all my clothes for the next few weeks!
I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves at the wedding...sounds like so much fun! And a little love rekindled is a bonus too! Hmm maybe Danny and I need to go to a wedding soon! We could use a little romance! :)
Poor Brynners! I imagine Elsie's payback day is right around the corner!
Andrea! I have so been afflicted with the Costco bag of dried fruit ailment!!! I feel your pain!!
Your girls are sooo cute and I am so glad that Brynners didn't suffer long lasting emotional and physical harm at the hands of the over zealous, adventurous but oh so cute Elsie!
On a total side note...I love your backyard! I love your tiny perfect trees!
Good tip on the chenile blanket! Who knew?!
I love Weddings and they do the same for me that they did for you!
I love the pics from Annie's wedding which was just the best! I can totally back you up on your hot mama, super funky fresh, dancin' skills! When do you think our next opportunity will be? Mollys wedding?
MOLLY'S WEDDING???!!?? Whoa ladies, lets not get ahead of ourselves!!!
I enjoyed your warnings, and I can only imagine poor Brynn getting drenched with the hose! Traumatic for all parties involved!!
That is a great pic of Adam busting a move, and as for the other picture... not one of my faves, but it certainly proves your point of being yourself with the one that you love. That dumb Pedro shirt-- I can't believe he changed into it at our wedding!! What a total dork-- but I do love him :)
I am going to Costco this week and I am going to buy the dried fruit for "cleansing purposes", but I will eat it in limited doses, of course!
I love the fact that you have a pink vacuum. I am also in love with the fact that your two little ones play so well together. Knowing how close my sister and I have become since college, I just can't wait to see your two girls develop their friendship as well-garden hose and all!
Post a Comment