
Trader Joes has done it yet again...
they've made some serious tracks on my Tuesday Tip trail and this week, they are back.
I admit, I didn't see these little gems the first time down the frozen isle, but trip number 2 proved to be the winner!
Here's the goods - 4 PERFECT, peeled, pitted, non bruised, avocado halves, frozen with no preservatives, individually packed and ready to roll after a mere 10 minute soak in warm water.
I was a little skeptical - frozen avocados? Could they provide the creamy, rich goodness of a fresh one? Could they even compare? Well they come pretty dang darn close! I think what is most rewarding is that there are no tense moments as you slice into your precious purchase, only to find it has a nasty bruise or some blackened mess around the pit - who wants to spend $2+ bucks on some imperfect fruit? Not me.
These are especially fabulous when paired with another TJ's frozen fabulosity...for the meat eaters...chipotle chicken patties - yummo! We have been making chicken burgers with green chilies, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and a sassy sour cream sauce (sour cream mixed with some tabasco) and devouring them! They are Q's newest favorite 'grill menu item!'
4 comments:
Oh how this reminds me of Santa Barbara! I remember when you used to make beans and rice with avocado. How I wish we had a Trader Joe's here in Texas! One day...
I don't even know where to begin! It all sounds so delicious! We are huge on avacados around here! In fact we call it our "summer sammy" we have been having tomato and avacado panini's almost every night lately! How delicious it would be with your sassy sour cream?! MMmmm and pepperjack cheese is my faaavorite!
I saw those frozen avacados and I thought WOW but was afraid to try...so HAPPY to know they are a hit! I will pick some up next time. Great tip Andrea!
I know they're GREEN, so it's usually not my style to partake but...I can actually use this tip because we love guacamole around here! And we love easy around here, too! You're key selling point was the part about no peeling and pitting. Yum-yum!
Oh and thanks for the flower tip! If the ones we already planted die (which is a high probability) then petunias it is!!
You are speaking my language :)
I actually have the box of frozen avocado halves in my freezer! I haven't opened it yet, so I am happy to know that you've tried them and give them the thumbs-up!
Post a Comment