March 10, 2009

Here are my tips

VISIT YOUR BESTIE WHENEVER YOU CAN!!





eat ice cream cones...


everyday











read books with your bestie, and you papa, in your jammies
(and don't forget to make your papa hold the baby doll ~ ha ha)


take the kiddies to Pikes Place Market...even if it's only like, 30 degrees outside, because...







they will end up like this in the car! HURRAY!
Our trip to Seattle was wonderful!
I realized, on the way down the hill, after saying goodbye, with tears rolling down my cheeks, how important it is to make the effort to visit you besties...it was good for my soul to see my soul mate!

We had a ton of fun with the Rantz family - it was a super low key, relaxing trip filled with good eats, excellent use of the TiVo, some snow, and some shopping! Just what our family needed!!

I was super nervous to see how Elsie and Lucy would do together - as Annie and Devon can testify, Elsie is a bit...shall we say...dominant and head strong...so I was a little hesitant to see the girls in action together. All in all, they did great. Lucy has really mastered the art of sharing and I was so impressed with how she never threw a fit over someone else playing with her toys.
Lucy introduced Elsie to Ice Cream Cones. Let it be known to the world, that pink ice cream cones are Elsie's favorite treat now - we had to make a pit stop after our long drive home just for ice cream cone supplies, and, PINK ice cream.

Meeting Max was thrilling! Seriously, blogger world, that boy is making our friend round as can be. Annie is all belly!! She was a serious trooper to entertain us all and spend some special buddy time with me at Ikea - with a back ache and a stuffy nose, she battled through like a champ! Delivery will be a piece of cake! (wink! wink!)

Q's highlight was getting to play video games with Devon and Joe. Poor Q is deprived, we don't have any sort of "gaming system" at home, due to my serious protest...but he had the opportunity to prove to me just how much fun a Wii would be for our family. I'm not so sure that I am convinced, but, I'm not as opposed to the idea as I was once before...after all, we did get to go on a bowling date in the middle of the living room!

It's fun to think that the next time we visit our friends up north, the boys will out number the girls and Annie will be thin as a rail, yet again!

Next trip is to Texas! Here I come Bestie in the South!

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Andrea best tip ever!!! It sounds like your trip was awesome and just what the doctor ordered! The pictures are so adorable and the pink ice cream cones sound scrumptious!

Isn't it amazing how much time we let go by without getting together?! Life is just so hectic and busy and the years just fly by! Yay for the Wilson Rantz week o fun!!!

Now if we can just have that first annual blogger's vacation!

Annie said...

AHHHHHH, great tips!
It was so nice to see you all-- thank you so much for visiting :) I am glad that you guys had a good time, because I was feeling bad that my "hospitality skills" are lacking! But I am clinging to my excuses of being sick and prego!
You all were troopers to just hang out and lay low with us! Lucy has asked many times, "Where are my friends??" I think that she was getting used to having sisters, and, as you know, Joe is ready for you all to move right in to the house with us!
Buddy-visits really are good for the soul :)
And I love your pictures!!! I'm so glad that you took some, because I've got nothin'!!!

comfy cozy said...

Great tip! Sounds like you guys really enjoyed yourselves and I absolutely LOVE that pic of the girls sleeping in their car seats! How cute are they?! Elsie and Lucy look like little besties in the making! Great recap of your vacay!