January 13, 2009

Tuesday Tip

I'm yet again inspired by Oprah!
On a recent show, she had one of her decorator gurus on and they were talking about the new trends in home decorating.

If you know me at all, you know I'm a home decorating junkie...my only problem is that I can't commit. If only Potterybarn issued one catalog in a year!

In our first home, I painted the kitchen 4 times in 2 years.
Yes, it's true!
Robins Egg Blue.
Cranberry Red.
Taupe.
And finally...Mocha.

So, Miss Oprah caught my undivided attention when she mentioned 'removable wall paper.'

I've always wanted to try wall paper, but have been too afraid.

Fear no longer friends!

There is a new product called Easy-Walls.

It's a vinyl wall paper that is easy to put up and easy to remove when you need a change.

I think I am going to try it out. Maybe in a small room first.
Here's the website from Oprah's show that has some patterns to choose from: http://easy-walls.com/ki.html

Which brings me to a total side note - Kathy Ireland has a home line? What doesn't this woman do?

So, disclaimer to my tip is that I haven't actually tried it, but, I am and I'm sure that if it was on Oprah it has to be fabulous...right?

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

This is a rockin' tip Andrea!!! I would love to try wallpaper myself! I can't believe you have painted your kitchen that many times. Do you happen to have photos??? Your readers would be so pleased! Oh if only you were a blogger back then!!

I am a "copy cat" mostly of Sadina decorator. I do love the catalogs but I know what you mean about Pottery Barn needing to slow down. As soon as I finally get it it is out! Kind of like the flippy hair style? I was way late on that one!

Annie said...

I really want you to try this wallpaper! It sounds awesome. I wonder how pricey it is...

BTW, is that Nate Berkus with Oprah? I love him!

comfy cozy said...

Yes, Andrea, try it all for us! Maybe start with a bathroom, that sounds like a safe place! I agree, if it's on Oprah, it's got to be good! Kinda like Costco's food! Wouldn't that be fun if someday we all went to an Oprah show since we are all such big fans?! Maybe someday when Suze thinks things are lookin' good!

I just had to add that I may have "introduced" Lisa to home decor, but she has since passed me way up! Her home is spotless and beautifully decorated!

Andrea, someday, if you need an idea for a post, I'd LOVE to see pics from any other decor ideas you have!