Today is a big day for this Wilson girl...
We are picking up our new (to us) car this morning.
I'm nervous, excited, anxious...I can tell I am getting old...new cars should make a girl squeal, but now I worry about safety, car seats, repairs, insurance, etc. It really sucks all the fun out of it.
I am excited, I promise. I feel really lucky to be getting a...wait for it...oh, my, I can't believe I am going to write the word...
CADILLAC!
Yes, I said it.
Did you gasp? Cringe? Think..."um, what?!"
No, it is not Mary Kay Pink, nor thugged out...it's pretty mom-ish...



We got a screamin' deal on it - and it will be great for the family and road trips.
My current car has been in and out of the shop 4 times in the past month - so peace of mind is worth more than anything right now, especially with the girls.
That's the big stink around here!
Hope my blogger buddies approve...of the newest Mafia Mob Member...
" I think my brotha Vinnie would like yooor car."
4 comments:
Hello! I've been meaning to respond to your email about the Caddy-- sorry for the delay! No gasping, face-scrunching, or noise making-- I dig the Cadillac! It looks like a nice ride, and I love the color of the interior! How exciting! Did you get a great deal? I am a bit curious about car deals right now, since the economy is so bad and the news says that car dealers are really feeling the crunch.
Yeah! I think you might need a new accessory to go with your new car. Sunglasses? A black leather purse? New shoes? The new Britney cd? I think you can rock Womanizer in the Caddy, and Elsie can sing along! :) Or, just go get a Starbucks and test out the cupholders!
Does this make your house the Caddy-Shack? Bad joke :)
I love new to you stuff!!! Although your fancy new ride hardly looks "used"! Way to go!
I love the sassy sleek leather and I totally agree that you need a new purse and some sunglasses to accessorize appropriately! Oh and definitely the new Britney! Annie could hook a sista up!
Way to keep the blogs comin' Andrea! We likey!
No dissaproval here! I'm excited for you- nothing like a new car! I had to laugh at the "getting old" part though! I am right there with you and even though we could use a new car that is more functional (Land Rover doors in the backseat only open halfway! Definitely not conducive to getting baby in and out! Who knew?!),I am paralyzed by the notion of how daunting it is to pick out the right car!
Rollin' in my 5.0...(a Vanilla Ice reference! Oh my!)
Girls, Girls, Girls...thank you all for the support and approval. Really, it means more than you know!
I like the idea of a new accessory, but am afraid it would have to be faux, whatever it is, oh yes, the budget!
We did get a great deal. We got below blue book price, it kind of depends on dealers right now. Some have great incentives on new cars (thousands off the sticker, no interest, etc.) but used is tricky. I'm just happy we got a fair trade in our our BMW. It's sad how fast they depreciate in value.
Beemer and I had a good heart to heart on the way to pick up newbie...I'm feeling like I just broke up with my boyfriend! I really do like my new boyfriend, I've never dated a 'brotha' before. (bad joke!)
I'm dying to pump up the volume and get the SRX rockin' down the road! Womanizer is a great idea!
Post a Comment