December 16, 2008

- 4 degrees!!

OMG - it is COLD here!
This morning we are at a sweltering -4!
The wind chill is something like -15...seriously, it makes your face hurt when you go outside!

We do have snow - and it is beautiful.

Quick weekend recap...
Tim's graduation was awesome! I am so proud of him and all that he has achieved.
It was great to go to a graduation - it revives that fire that once burned...the one that had plans of conquering the world, the one that had all the optimism and confidence that would allow you to conquer any goal...that fire, that has been smoldering since the grind of every day life with kids took over is now burning a little stronger. It's a good feeling!

The 'blizzard like conditions' were not so blizzard-ish. The drive was a little hairy, but we made it with no problems. Thank you Jesus!

I know today is Tuesday Tip day, but I am really tip-less, so I thought I would do a little twist for the day...

7 Things You Didn't Know About Your Baby
1. During the 9 months between conception and birth, a baby's weight increases 3,000 million times.
2. Between birth and age 2, an infant will quadruple in size.
3. At birth, a baby's brain in 10% of the total body weight (an adults is 2%).
4. Within 45 hours of birth, a newborn knows her own mother by her smell.
5. At birth, babies have the ability to swim.
6. Human babies are the only primates to smile at their parents.
7. A newborn has feet that are 1/3 of their adult length. By age 1, they are nearly half their adult size.

Since we are all big fans of babies, I thought those were pretty interesting factoids.
I can't believe the 3,000 million increase in weight!

I'm working on getting pictures up of the graduate and of the girls - last night was the Holiday Sing Along for their school. Brynn loved it and even shook her jingle bells. Elsie, on the other hand, cried all the way through the entire 3 songs they sang and the wailing pretty much overwhelmed any of the songs...note to readers, yes, I was holding her on stage...not what I had intended, nor dressed for...oh, the joys of being a mom!

4 comments:

Allison said...

So your 4 degrees is making my 25 degrees seem pretty warm. I had no idea about all of those baby facts either! Who knew?

comfy cozy said...

I like the twist on Tuesday Tip Day, especially since I completely forgot that it was Tip Day today. Oops! Good facts!

I can't wait to see the pics coming soon- sounds adorable!!

Annie said...

Hello! I am glad that you had a safe and successful trip to Tim's graduation! I was thinking about you as it snowed here on Saturday.
Can't wait to see pictures :)
I like the baby facts! Very interesting-- I especially like that babies know their mom's smell. That's cool!
So, I smiled when I pictured you on stage last night at the Sing Along :) Good mommy!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Brrrrrrr -4? WOW that is chilly! So glad that you had a wonderful and safe weekend! I know what you mean about graduations being inspiring!

Please post pics of your snowy scene and your girls christmas show! Your readers need lots of pics! Love the baby facts!