I am not the superstitious type...at all.
I usually get amusement out of people who do crazy things, like carry rocks in their pockets, etc. for good fortune, but now, I am seriously considering burying something in my yard.
Let me explain ~
We've been trying to sell our house by owner since July. It's been brutal. The market here is crappy (as is everywhere else) and we are kind of getting / feeling desperate. Do we just ride it out? Do we hire a realtor? Blah, blah, blah.
Last night my neighbor Stephanie and I hosted a Cookie Lee jewelry party which was fun, and exhausting! Last time I party on a work night! We used her house, and I prepped all the food. As we were getting ready she was asking me how the house selling was going. After telling her the bleak news, she then asked me if I was superstitious at all. I'm thinking to myself...where is this going?
Steph began to explain the 'power' of St. Joseph. Have any of you heard this before??
Evidently I should get a statue of St. Joseph and bury him upside down in my yard and he is supposed to help bring a buyer for your home. I looked at Steph like she had lost her mind. She continued on...she and her husband were trying desperately to sell their house in California so they could move up here. They had two different offers fall through and were beginning to seriously doubt that they would ever make it up to Bend. They had a friend who explained to them the St. Joseph statue trick and so they tried, figuring, what do they have to loose?
In 5 days, the house was sold...deal done!
Coincidence? I'm not sure.
So I googled it this morning - you would not believe the stories out there about this.
Have any of you heard about this, do you believe in this??
I think I'm superstitious now...I need to find St. Joseph fast!
Do you think he'll work for a Christian? ;o)
5 comments:
Andrea, I HAVE heard of St. Joseph! I believe that it was a couple years ago on the Today show. The only difference is that they were saying to place it anywhere in your front yard (not necessarily bury it) because potential buyers are "comforted" when they see something religious. I am generally not too superstitious but Danny and I both became that way regarding a certain parking spot at the OB office. When we had our miscarriage, I vowed to never walk in the same door or park in the same parking area for fear that we would hear bad news again with Hanna. God must have thrown us a bone, because we managed to get one of the same three spots everytime (up front, mind you!).
So, my take on it all is...WTH! Why not? It can't hurt. Just say a little prayer letting God know you're not converting to catholicism and hopefully He will throw you a bone too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (ha-ha, superstitious reference)!
Thanks Sadina...just don't hold your breath! (ha ha again!)
I'm actually excited.
I just ordered my St. Joseph online, free shipping...that has to be a good sign right?!
I am praying this will work!!
Well, you've got nothing to lose, right? I'm hopeful, and I suppose a bit superstitious, that this could work!
Keep us updated!
Oh Andrea I hope this works for you guys! Please keep us all posted on your saints progress! It is soooo frustrating when a house won't sell. The good news is if it's of any comfort that it only takes one buyer! At least that is what Doug always says.
I am dying to know if you are going to display or bury?!?!?
The plans are to bury...I'm just dying to get my kit in the mail.
I feel so silly, but what if this really works!?!
I'll be sure to update the progression of my Saint and my sale!!
Post a Comment