OK...I'll start the political talk today - who can avoid it?
As I was watching the debate last night, which, I thought was very FLAT, I couldn't help but notice how different Obama looked...and thus begins my conspiracy theory ~
I'm certain that presidential candidates have a team of stylists dictating their every wardrobe selection and offering grooming advice - they are celebrities right now, are they not?
One of the biggest beefs against his campaign is his youth and inexperience. It only makes sense to me that his team would be greying his hair, aging his skin, etc., all in attempts to make him not appear so young next to McCain.
Think about it...he was much more fresh and handsome about a year ago, his wife is still looking youthful, but he has seriously changed his look.
If this is what politics has come to I'm irritated.
He must have some reservations about his youth and inexperience, why else would he take the advice to alter his look? He puts on a confident front, but I'm not so sure I am believing him.
I think he's a master of trickery - he's a fabulous speaker, next to McCain especially. Obama has great body language, a smooth, clear understandable response to nearly every issue (substance is questionable) but he sounds and looks good. He's convincing.
So, last night was good for me for many reasons - and it seriously clinched my vote to the Republicans.
I am voting based upon the moral and ethical values for the party that these people represent. It's really not about one person right? They are members of a political party who (hopefully) make decisions that reflect their core values.
Here's a good link from the GOP website that defines the 08 Republican Platform:
http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/Values.htm
4 comments:
I realize my comment is kinda random but I was struck by something you said. I consider myself to be a Republican as well but have felt some serious frustration with the current admin. I have not committed myself to McCain, even after the debates last night. But, what you said about voting based on the party's morals and ethics resonated. I think I was overthinking it all too much and forgetting the very reasons why I am a republican in the first place! Thanks for the perspective.
I did noticed that Obama's hair is getting some salt & pepper action... interesting insight Andrea!
I appreciate your perspective too. Way to be brave and blog about politics-- I just might follow your lead!
I was feeling politically-brave today...thanks girls for making me feel good!
Sadina - it's so fun to see pictures of you and Hanna! She is so cute! You look great and are a fab blogger - blog on!!
Andrea i totally appreciate this post! In my bible class we recently had a debate in class on politics and it came down to the principles that the parties are based on and most conservitive principles are biblicaly based :) and the Obama's look thing... i totally agree he's lookin older.. what sneaky stylists!
Post a Comment