We've had a busy weekend - my goal this weekend was to wrap up some of the projects I had almost finished up during the holiday break. While the house isn't what I'd call 'clean,' it is starting to feel a little more complete...which is good.
What keeps us motivated you ask - well it's all about the theme music here.
I'd like to introduce you all to the girls who keep us rockin'. The song of choice is anything by "Wift" as Brynn calls her - yes, that would be Taylor Swift. And the microphones, well those are originals, an invention by their number one fan, PAPPA! A golf ball, pen, and about two feet of tin foil and vwa-laa!!
Ready for their performance, the girls wait for their intro.
Mid song, I'm pretty sure this was "You Belong to Me" - Brynners is really feelin' it with her little hand swaying to the music!
Their musical idol is perfectly wonderful and their songs are getting better and better with each performance - we now must seriously begin to work on their uhh-hem, um, wardrobe selection ;o)
Now onto the decor-envoation at our little cottage.
I've enlisted a new design philosophy - it's called "use what you have."
Brilliant? Yes. It's brilliant!
As I have been pulling things out of the closets, the garage from unmarked boxes, Q's head began to spin weeks ago. It's been like shopping, but not spending. Like saying "look what I found today honey, and it didn't cost me a thing!"
Here's an overview of the paint projects and what I've unearthed ~
No new paint here, just some framed art that was...under Elsie's bed
Elsie's pink walls - pink lemonade on top, and blush on the bottom - the whole room just glows (literally) and so does she! I'll post some more pics of the completed project soon
Our bathroom went from a vibrant shade of grass green to a new shade of ocean foam, which I happen to love - I call it the spa! And the towel hooks are up, the ones that I bought when we lived here...the first time around!
OK, so I spent some money here...but they were 60% off and I found them at Shopko of all places!!
(please excuse the messy bed...today was laundry day)
The quilts that now match our sea-side, Nantucket retreat, that have been stowed away in their original bags from super Macy's sales...like 4 years ago.So, now that I have shared all of this I am beginning to think I have a problem. Am I a hoarder? I am laughing, but am kind of serious...maybe not so much anymore, since we are now back at the cottage and our spending and priorities have seriously changed, not to mention, I have done some cleansing out - but in my past life, maybe so.
I vividly remember the days when I would hit the sales and buy things just in case, and because they were a good deal and I liked them, after all I knew I would use them someday. Gosh, times have changed!
It really feels good to use what you have, sort of empowering, like I'm in control and don't have any sort of inventory to keep mental track of. Things are being used. The things I've bought because I like are now being enjoyed.
There are some artsy-farsty projects brewing, as things always seem to evolve. The fun part is that all of this closet cleaning has allowed me to create an art closet! A little slice of Heaven, right here on Earth! I've been asked to finish what I've started before I get more projects going...gosh, who would ever pose such a rule?! Mr. Wilson, Mr. Practical...Mr. Who I Should Listen To More Often (we'll save that for another blog day!)
There are some artsy-farsty projects brewing, as things always seem to evolve. The fun part is that all of this closet cleaning has allowed me to create an art closet! A little slice of Heaven, right here on Earth! I've been asked to finish what I've started before I get more projects going...gosh, who would ever pose such a rule?! Mr. Wilson, Mr. Practical...Mr. Who I Should Listen To More Often (we'll save that for another blog day!)
I have agreed to pace myself, hey, it's the 'new me' talking!!



8 comments:
First I must say that Pappa is a genious!! The girls and their very own little Two Little Ladies' show is simply adorable!! If you ever need a little reminder of just how blessed you are, please refer to pic no. 2 where Brynners is truly feelin' it!! :)
Alrighty, now to business. I am a-lovin' the home projects!! You and your ability to just change colors inspires me. Truly! And even more inspiring?! Your new attitude of 'green renovations' and using what you aready have! Again, I say, smart girl Wilson, smart girl. You've got the touch too and I'm loving every single project, right down to the attention to detail with those cute hooks in the bathroom! Your bedroom looks perfect and it's always nice when the hubby approves. BTW, I really like your bedroom lamps on the nightstand!
Can't wait to see more; you know I can never get enough of projects!
Darn, I can't believe I missed this yesterday!!
You are not going to believe this!! I was just in my garage this morning "using what I have"!!! Isn't it so fun to find things that you already own?! Although, I have to say that your "under the bed" stash far beats what I pulled out of a bin in the garage! :) I love your pictures!! LOVE THEM! I really don't know if I can pick a favorite project! They all knock my socks off!
The pictures of the girls and their Pappa's ingenious microphones are priceless!!!! Can I just tell you how adorable those girls are?
Um okay, were you serious about the puffer wand??? :) Because I really want one! :))) Um, our favorite colors around here are pink and green!
Yes of course I am serious about the pooffer...there are some things you just don't kid around about!
I'm going to Michael's on my lunch break today to get the finishing touches and then will get crackin' on the creativity!!
You have NO IDEA how excited I am!!!!!
P.S. Just ordered my book today- the first one you recommended. I can't wait!! Darn Amazon though got me to buy two MORE books (one more on marriage and one on parenting) and a cd that Santa forgot. It'll be like Christmas morning all over again in 3-5 business days! Thanks again for the tip! :)
oh, I'm sorry Amazon got you...they always seem to get me too with the "other items that might intrest you"...how do they know me so well?
p.s. does Miss H need a poofer too??? :o)
Um, yeaaaaah, Miss H would LOVE a poofer!!! We'll take whatever kinda poofer you'd like to give us!! But no pressure if the poofer never magically appears; the thought is really what counts! You know, kinda like those two packages I sent you for Christmas. Remember those ones?! :)
oh my goodness!!!!!!
LOVE the girlies and their microphones and their shirtlessness! So cute!!
Your little home projects look so great! You always amaze me with your painting- you are able to select the right colors and transform a room in a day! Nice work!
All of your projects look fantastic!
Post a Comment