Did today really just happen?
Today was probably one of the single most difficult days of my life.
I met with a good friend and coworker who is suffering from an unknown auto immune disorder. She went from a vibrant 44 year old who would run and ride horses to a frail, thin, chemo patient who can not walk without a cane.
I then returned to my office to meet with the family members of another employee who has just been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
How did I end up in this job?
Why do I feel so numb that I can't even cry?
Life can be so unfair.
I don't understand why.
I really am so thankful for my family and our health.
Beyond thankful.
Prayers for a better day tomorrow.
4 comments:
Oh my, I am so sorry- what a sad day. I just don't know what I'd be able to say in such a situation- I'll bet that you are really good at your job. Even though there are days like this that are really difficult, and there are days when people drive you crazy- I just think that you are well suited for HR because you are so caring and empathetic and sensitive, and you always say the right things at the right time (this is all my unbiased opinion, of course! As a best friend, you've been support for me many, many times!).
I hope that you were able to help them all with their questions and give the information they needed and such, and I can see how today put life into perspective. Gosh, we truly are so lucky to be healthy.
I love you so much, and I hope that tomorrow is a better day.
One of the qualities about you that I love is that you feel so much for the people around you. I am sure that the people that you were with that are going through such life changing times appreciate the fact that you were also so emotionally honest with them as well. They probably needed your sweet smile and to see you hurt for them more than you realize! I love you!
I am so sorry, Andrea. I really am. What a tough position for you to be in, although I am certain that you said and did all that yo could. But you're right, life just isn't fair. Plain and simple. We just found out some sad news about some friends of ours, too. I feel helpless beyond watching their daughter and making a dinner...
I hope that you can hang in there. Doesn't things like these just offer such a perspective??! Family and good health is what it's ALL about. Nothing else!!!
Oh dear, that really is awful. Really does put things in perspective doesn't it? I have known a lot of people to battle cancer and we lost a young friend and mother to a brain tumor a couple of years ago. Life is so unpredictable and we are not promised tomorrow. It is really sobering when something like this comes up. Enjoy each day and yes be SO THANKFUL for health and family!
I am sure you were the perfect mix of everything you needed to be for these families! Hope your day was better today!
Post a Comment