June 30, 2010

Olive-you!

Today, I am...31!

I have to admit, I'm handling 31 much better than I did 30.
I'm pretty sure it's a maturity thing (ha ha!)

I have a feeling 31 is going to be a good year for me. Not sure why, I just am kind of excited for it to be here and to see what happens. There's some happiness on the horizon and things that were totally out of my control at this time last year have really wrapped themselves up nicely.

Birthdays to me, don't need to be outlandish and over the top. I really am happiest having my "birthday dinner" prepared by my mama and enjoying it with my family, so, that is what is on the agenda for us this fine evening.

We do have an extra guest to add to the party - she was a little early birthday surprise waiting for me when I arrived home from work last night.

Meet Ms. Olive!


Isn't she just so stinkin' cute!?

I'm in love. The girls are in love. Q is in love. Even Marley (our other dog) is in love.

I have 2 favorite things about Olive.

1. When I was pregnant with Elsie, I referred to her as my Olive

2. She's a bichon frise - and in the movie, Shrek 2 (Brynn's favorite) the Fairy Godmother sings this catchy little tune to Princess Fiona about how wonderful she could make her life and one of the lines is...

"Oh, what the hay! Have a bichon frise!"

Here's to a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday sweet friend! It just makes me so happy to hear how upbeat you are about this year and that you have a good feeling about it! I am sure that there are many wonderful things on the horizon for you, especially with an attitude like that!

We do the whole b-day dinner thing around here too and there is nothing better than having your mama cook your special request! I hope that your day is every bit as special as you are, my young chickie (because I am totally one whole year older than you are!) :))

P.S. Olive looks really sweet and for a nano-second she made me think, "Hmm, maybe we should get a dog." I love the name too!! Speaking of the name, my cousin is working on publishing a cook book and her website she just put up is called www.thelocalolive.com; you guys should check it out!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Yes, 31 will be a great year!!!
I hope that you have a really great day (are you at work on your bday??), and that your dinner tonight is celebratory and relaxing!
Olive is very cute! Who did you get her from, since you've known her a while?
Funny, we have the Shrek 2 soundtrack, and I never knew what that line from the song meant! I didn't know what a bichon frise was! Now I do :)
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! 31 is awesome!!!! I slightly remember it oh 2 and a half years ago! :)))

I love Olive!!!!! SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!!!

I hope your bday dinner is super special and I am so glad to hear that you are starting the year off with a bang! Wait...did I get to hear about the run? I better check back to see if you posted. If not you better! I am dying to see pics and hear details!!!

Allison said...

You know how I feel about dogs!!! I am so happy that you are a 2 dog family. Our girls really do add a lot to our little family, and I am sure that Olive will add a great deal to yours as well.

I am sorry we didn't get to talk on your birthday, but I really hope it was a great one. I love you, and I hope that year 31 is a happy one!