May 2, 2010

Crazy-Runner Defined

Saturday I had my first team meeting with my Epic Relay team.

To say it was interesting, would be a vast understatement.

Our team is an odd hodge-podge of our team captain, Penelope from works' (yes, I know!) friends, or should I say frienemies?


How does that old saying go? "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" - all I'm saying, is that she's my frienemie for sure...I'm scared of her! :o)


Anyways, the whole time the law of the land was being laid out before us, I just kept thinking..."thank God for Nolan." Yes, it's my big, fabulous news. Nolan (Q's brother, Beth's hubby) is on our team and he's in my van!


There are 2 vans of 6 runners and thank the Lord Above, Penelope and her crazy people are in Van #2 and myself, Nolan and a couple other innocent souls are in Van #1.


At our team meeting the legs of the race were given, and I have been given a royal challenge! Leg 1: 4.17 miles / Leg 2: 4.46 miles / Leg 3: 7.35 miles for a grand total of 15.98 miles.

For the love, what have I agreed to?! The goal has been set, the battle line drawn, I am bound and determined to do this, and do it well.


Please pray for me!


p.s

are these not some of the cutest shoes you've ever seen?! They are sassy and wild and I wanted them in the worst way, but the runner extraordinaire (aka, my brother) said they are more for kickin' around in, than putting serious miles on...they shall be my reward if the goal is accomplished :o)

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

So funny! Andrea you are so awesome for taking on this challenge! Sorry those cute shoes aren't sturdy enough for the big run. Maybe a present to yourself when you finish!!!!

Allison said...

I love the kickers! You should definately reward yourself with the shoes. I have a coffee mug with a boxer painted on it which I love. If I can't drink out of it, I seriously consider not drinking my morning coffee. These shoes can be your boxer mug after the race. If you wear them, then the running will be that much better!

Annie said...

Yes, the shoes are the reward for the hard work! They "POP!"

You've got some cheerleaders here in blogworld- I am so proud of you for taking on this race! So awesome! And I love that Nolan will be doing it too!

Go Team!