I can hardly stand to think that my babies are so old. Where has the time gone, seriously?
Their birthday party is Saturday.
I have to admit, I've been feeling uninspired, not motivated and at a total loss as to almost everything for their special day.
The gift thing has been giving me a HUGE, let me tell you, HUGE sinking felling in the pit of my stomach. What to do? What to do? And then last night, it hit me like a ton of bricks...like an Olympic ice speed skater crashing into a wall...hard and fast...the girls need BIKES!!
Last minute, I know.
I zipped onto Craigslist and found this little beauty for Elsie.

I went and checked it out today on my lunch break and it's a total score! I bought it!!
It's a little different in that it has a basket on the front and a cute little bell to ring. I love this bike because it's not any specific Disney character (sorry Disney!) and because it looks like a little beach cruiser. It's TDF. I think with a little soap, water and some elbow grease, it will be sparkling for the big reveal!
Then, I couldn't leave little Brynn out, but I wasn't so sure that she is quite the right size for a bike, but we already have a tricycle...oh, what to do, what to do???
I decided to stop on my way back from my Elsie-score to a sports gear shop and this totally cute dude hooked me up with this little zipper...
Now, I love this bike for Brynn because it's just her size. It does not have petals on purpose. It helps young kiddos learn how to balance and they just kind of run and scoot along. From all the dudes (and I do mean dude, like a snowboarder dude) at the store, "these things totally rock!"Yep.
Both girls are getting bikes for their birthdays. I am beyond excited!
I now feel inspired for their party and ready to decorate cakes, hang streamers and balloons, this is going to be a good one!!
4 comments:
Well, look at you!!!!
Love your new ready-for-spring background, and I love love the bikes!! What a great idea! I am so happy that Craigslist pulled through for the adorable beach-cruiser, and I'm so interested to know how Brynn likes her bike- I've never seen anything like it!
Nice work, Mama :) Their party will rock, just like YOU!
Thanks buddy!
Craigslist does rock :o)
Now I want a beach cruiser...I already found mine on Overstock.com
$2.95 shipping rocks!
Ahhh, now you can breathe a sigh of relief....the party will be perfect AND so will be the gifts!! Hello??!! What is much cooler than getting a bike??!! Good job Mama! They'll love it, I'm sure!!
I'm looking forward to pics of both girls on them, especially little Brynners on hers!! Glad you got the scoop from dude, maybe I'll be in the market for one soon!
Now relax, and enjoy, and cry on Sat.!! :)
WOW!!! Love the bikes!!! What a great idea!!! It's so fun that your girls get twin gifts!!! And you know how I love a craigslist find!!!
I truly can't believe how old they are and I just know it is going to be the perfect party!!!
Post a Comment