Part of my new years resolutions were to find some books that would help me parent. I am super excited about these two books I just ordered from Amazon...
Both have a Christian "flare" to them and I think they will go together well - I might even go a little wild and read both at the same time (crazy, I know!)
This one is supposed to offer practical, day to day insight on marriage, raising kids and some wisdom on setting priorities and coming to grips with family backgrounds and talking about when we make the right choice for our marriage, we make the right choice for our children. The "resident dad" John pitches in too.
The author, Kendra Smiley, was the former Illinois Mother of the Year (I'd like to meet the judge of that contest!) In this read, she refers to her journey with her strong willed son, and he even reflects in the book on his childhood and what it felt like to be a strong willed child.
I'll be watching the mail like a hawk! I hope I made some good choices!!
3 comments:
Okay, LOVING!!! the first book!! I will be purchasing it within the next few days fo sho (that's 'for sure')! :)
The dynamics have changed quite a bit since having Hanna and I desperately want to reclaim some of those earlier days when it all seemed so much easier! I am always aware that a happy marriage is so important and it's so necessary for Hanna to see us in-love; but sometimes the day to day stuff kinda puts a damper on it all, so thank you for this tip!!! I can't wait!
First of all...your background is FABULOUS!!!! I love it!!!
I am LOVING both of these books! I will be making a purchase as well! It really is the smartest concept!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!
These sound like great books! I expect full book reports on both, and perhaps you can send them my way when you are done!
Post a Comment