Holiday preparations are beginning to take over our little house - this weekend really kicked off the perma-mess that will just really never get cleaned up until Christmas Eve.
Elsie had a very special date Saturday night with Q's mom. They went to see The Nutcracker Ballet...or as Elsie referred to it all day, and apparently all throughout the ballet, The Cracker Nut. I wish I had taken a picture of the two of them, both dressed up and looking so festive for their big night.
Elsie had the time of her life and I guess she asked questions the whole time and was very concerned about the BIG RAT that Clara eventually threw her shoe at...so funny to hear what really sticks in the mind of an almost 4 year old. After it was all over, Elsie was bound and determined to meet Clara and give her a hug - very out of character - so they went on stage with the other fans, but couldn't find her. Elsie keeps asking me when we'll go to Clara's house...um, soon, I say, soon?
I have a feeling this will be a tradition for the two of them, and when Brynn is old enough, for the three of them. Pretty sweet! Maybe someday Elsie and Brynn will dance in the Cracker Nut and I'll be able to blog and share their ballerina pictures!!
So, while Elsie was away for the evening, Q, Brynn and I ran some evening errands to the grocery store and to Costco, and thank goodness we did!! We woke up this morning to some major snow. By about 8 this morning, we had about a foot and it didn't stop all day long! It is beautiful outside and soooo cold! It's supposed to be 6 degrees here tonight! OMG...single digits!?
Because I didn't have to go anywhere in particular today, I decided to work on my homemade Kahlua project - the Kahlua has been brewing for a little over a month and next weekend Beth and I are going to package our goods up, a little sister in law bonding time.
We are going to give bottles out along with candied pecans to our friends for Christmas. These candied pecans are my new favorite...maybe a Tuesday Tip recipe??? Any takers?
Bottle preparation...soaking the labels off of the wine bottles with a little soap and bleach...can you say recycle!? I'm pretty excited to create our own labels and wrapping. I painted glue on jingle bells and rolled them around in glitter to tie on ribbons around the neck of the bottle. Yeah, that wasn't a messy project at all ;o)
All clean, and ready to fill up!I felt like I was doing some sort of moonshine, bootleg operation as I soaked bottles in the girls bathtub. The girls were plenty confused with my weird project, and even a little concerned about their tubby.
While it snowed and snowed and snowed today, Brynn got more and more squirrely being trapped inside, and so Q decided to bundle her up in her "soo soot" to help him shovel the driveway. It didn't last long. It was windy out and Brynn doesn't do wind well. She never made it out of the garage, and she lasted for maybe 5 minutes max. Not even enough time for me to get my coat and boots on to try and coax her out for a photo op.
I did get her inside though...isn't she cute!?

And Elsie, still in her PJ's, sharing the love.
And now for a little crafting update - the glittery wreath is done, up and got snowed on today! I think it turned out pretty cute - for a quick afternoon hot glue extravaganza with 4 extra helping hands assisting me.



4 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Brynn is sooo rootin' tootin' cute in her soo soot!!! I could take a nibble right out of that cheek of hers! Your girls are so adorable! I know I say that frequently but I can't help it!
Love the stories, especially the picture you painted of your illegal operation and the subseqential worry of the tubby. Hey, you can't blame the girls for sniffing out an illegal operation! :) No really though, I'm impressed with your recycling and the simple fact that you even know how to make something like that! Mine would taste over-fermented and yucky I'm sure!
Oh, and love the crafty wreath! Good job!! You know how ridiculously giddy I get over all things crafty!
Glad Elsie had so much fun too! And, um, we're supposed to be 8 DEGREES on Wed. here!!!!! What in the world?! Doesn't that temp. almost feel apocalyptic??! Like it's the end of the world? Well, I suppose it could be if you spent a couple hours out in it!
I am a taker for the candied pecans tip!!! Sure am!!! I am so impressed with your project!!! I must admit that the making your own label part got my heart a beatin'!!! I have always wanted to give something with my very own label!!! Cheers!
Your snow bunnies are soooo stinkin' cute!!!! Brynn and Maysyn both have wind aversions in common so I totally understand only getting the indoor shot!
I am sooo jealous of all of this snow you are all getting!!! We got a dusting today which happens every decade or so. The kids were more than a little disapointed.
The Nutcracker is such a special tradition to me and I was just saying this morning how much I want to take Kennedy this year!
So yes, please tip your recipe minyana!!!
Oh and your wreath is SUPER CUTE!!!
Wow! You have been busy!
You are so crafty- what would I do if I had even an ounce of your craftiness!
What a fun tradition for Elsie and Kelley! My mom and I used to go to the Nutcracker every year, and this year we are going to see Avery and Ellee in the Nutcracker!
Your wreath is adorable, and so is Brynn in her soo soot!
Geesh- I feel like such a craft-slacker :(
I can't imagine what -9 feels like!!!!! Stay warm, and I am so jealous that you have a Dutch Bros! So yummy- we don't have one!
Post a Comment