November 9, 2009

Making Progress

The girls have had a successful past few days!

Proud mama would be a serious understatement!!

Elsie earned her pink, sparkly princess shoes!


And, I think they look fabulous with her fancy skirt!
;o)
Sad and funny little story to go along with the big reward.

Elsie excitedly tore off her last chain link Saturday morning, and as soon as the shoes hit the floor my worst fear came true...the reward was TOO SMALL!!

Dear Lord...WHHHYYY?!!

Elsie wedged her little Fred Flintstone feet into them and tried to smile (and walk) neither of them were convincing, and so we quickly dressed and headed out to Target. The whole drive, I was just praying that there would be a pair in her size.

We arrived about 15 minutes after they opened, and headed to customer service, where we stood and waited for what felt like eternity for someone to even acknowledge us. Elsie was so patient, standing there, holding her pink shoes. When the lady finally came to the counter, Elsie walked right up and said "these are too small for me" - totally out of character for my reserved mute!

The lady at the counter, smiled and was so sweet and told Elsie she could go with me to the shoe department and find the right size and then we could take them home. To which Elsie said "OK, thanks!" And off we went!

There were NO pink, sparkly princess shoes to be found!

It was quite possibly the worst, sinking feeling I've had in my stomach in a very long time...After we paced up and down the isles at least 50 times, I finally spotted two pairs randomly mixed amongst other sparkly impostors. We had a size 9 (too small), there was a size 6 and an 11 to choose from. 11 it would be!

Elsie was a little concerned about how big they were and that they flopped off of her heals, but I pulled out my best sales pitch and delivered! The shoes will last longer, and you can wear them longer this way...she bought it and off to home we headed! One proud Elsie and one seriously relieved mama.

This progress recap would not be anywhere close to complete without a Brynn update.

Look who is SITTING ON THE POTTY!

Yes, it's true!
Brynn is starting to potty train and she's doing awesome!

She's got the poopy thing down (TMI sorry!) but this is a huge step - we are working on the piddle, which to her defense, is the trickiest part really. But Q and I are totally convinced that she'll probably have this down by the new year.

Elsie is a big help, she invites Brynn into the "potty room" every time she has to go and we can overhear her talking to Brynn about all the necessary steps that take place in the bathroom. It's super funny, and at the same time, very sweet.

When Brynn goes, and finishes up washing her hands, I don't think there is anyone more excited than Elsie. She greets Brynn with a big hug and a "great job Brynners!" as she comes out.

Ah, I love these girlies...who are growing up way too fast!!

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet post Andrea!!! Elsie does look fabulous!!! What a sweetie pie!!! Such a good big sister too!! Potty training?! WOW! I must admit that maysyn is showing interest and I have put her on the potty several times...but nothing has actually "happened". That seems very advanced and amazing! Way to go Brynners!

Annie said...

Oh, Andrea, I was so nervous as I was reading that the pink shoes wouldn't be there!! So glad she got them, and that they will "last longer"!
Great job Brynn! She looks so cute sitting on the potty :) That is awesome!
A proud mama indeed!

comfy cozy said...

You had me hanging on every word until the end...the shoe fiasco was a success! Yay for Elsie and yay for mama's persistence! Target's shoe dept. is never organized but I'm glad it worked out for you two! :)

And could you just hold the phone please on the potty training thing?!! Really, I've never even given it a thought and here Brynn is, only a few months older and well on her way! Sheesh! I'll just chalk it up to me not being a bad mom, just a first time one, and Brynners being super advanced! :)

BTW, that potty picture is so cute! I'd totally frame it and hang it in the bathroom!