November 2, 2009

Halloween Recap

Halloween weekend was, well, to be honest, kind of a bust at our house.

I was a royal turd this weekend...I wont even try to justify my moody moodiness...I was just off. Halloween day happened to have a very special football game occurring at 5:00 pm and it pretty much dominated our day. Maybe that's why I was upset. I really despise when a sporting event (on television none the less) dictates our entire day.

We did have fun plans, to watch the game, at Nolan & Beth's house and then the headache struck. I was down for the count and so Elsie and I took a nap. It helped and then it was a mad dash to dress up and get to the football watching destination. Here's the major confession...we didn't carve pumpkins or go trick-or-treating. Total parent-loser moment! I'm ashamed! We'll make up for it next year...right?

Elsie and Brynn were so cute!

Dorothy and the purple witch.


Brynners was getting tired of pictures.


A week before Halloween, Elsie's school puts on Happy Harvest. It's a fun party where the kiddos get dressed up and they run around like crazy people playing silly games and winning goofy prizes.

Happy Harvest Hay Bails!!


Elsie and her buddy Mila.


This Halloween recap wouldn't be complete without a little recap of our office party.
We decided a while ago that we'd be mad scientists and our boss, Jim, would be Frankenstein. It was a super secret mission and the theme evolved into quite a major success.

I admit, I've never been big into dressing up and the whole scary bit, but this year, I got into it. I created some "lab creations" by suspending little plastic bugs, frogs, rats, etc. in jello. They were awesome! (if I do say so) Then we had a large glass jar we filled with water and had a cauliflower in - a little red dye and some dry ice and we had ourselves a brain!

The decorations were really awesome. We created a dead body under a sheet, had all sorts of lab gear from one of the high schools, my mom (a real lab lady) got us all lab coats and we did ourselves up right fine ;o)

Here's the gang...I was going for the 'something just blew up in my face' look. I got some pretty good laughs and vow never to again use so much aerosol hairspray!!


Muhaaaaa haa haaa ahhhh!!

4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

First off, may I correct you on something?! Oh, good, glad you don't mind! :) Alright, I totally disagree with the "parent-loser moment" statement! Um, you could never be a parent-loser, ever!! Second, the Happy Harvest looked like it was a hit and would have been sufficient alone! And third, take it from me, trick-or-treating is kinda overrated, in my humble opinion. It sounds like the evening with fam was fun (despite the headache) and I'm sure the girls enjoyed themselves! BTW, we had the game going on while we were at home too! It was awesome and I love to see USC go down!!

Can't there just be so much pressure with the holidays?! I say we be a little easier on ourselves! I guarantee all our kiddies really care about is that we are all together! Kumbaya! (yes I just said that, and sometimes I too say stoked!):) Anyways, the pressure part was in part why we took Hanna to the silly mall on Halloween! I failed to mention that that was after we drove all over Reno for an hour going to various places that weren't starting their festivities yet! I must practice what I preach!

Am I officially rambling now? All in all, I give you two thumbs up for your efforts! And the girls just couldn't be any cuter!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks! You make me feel better about our lack-luster Halloween!!

Oh, and yes, we l-o-v-e to see USC go down too!! Especially by our beloved Ducks! :o)

Annie said...

OMG- you look so funny in the picture with the office folks! I love the crazy hair, but the look on your face is even better! That is you, right?????
I agree with Sadina- you are not a loser. You did your part as a mommy, regardless of pumpkins or trick-or-treating!
ALSO, your girls are getting so big! Elsie's hair is getting so long, and little Brynn is a whole different kid! They look so cute and happy in their little costumes! See, they had fun=good mama!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

So not a loser! Your Halloween (minus the headache) looked like tons of fun! The girls are just so adorable! Brynn always looks so much older than Maysyn! She is so cute! It would be fun to see all these kiddos together someday!

Give yourself a break Mama! You did good!