October 11, 2009

a good weekend

We've had a really great weekend!

Today, we went to the pumpkin patch. Oh man, it was cold. But we got there before the major rush and were able to really have a great time without being swarmed by herds of crazy kids and frazzled parents.

My parents came along for the fun, and the 6 of us loaded up in the yellow bus and headed out to pick out pumpkins. We ended up with 8 pumpkins! Yikes!!
Kind of funny, all of us in the bus...but, really very cool!

Here's Elsie and Brynn - super cute pumpkin pickers!


Here's all of us...looking all different directions and a little cold!

What would a classic fall weekend be without some college football? Um, and baseball and professional football, and don't forget the golf too...it was quite the sporting television day on Saturday!

Q was all pumped up for the Ducks big game against UCLA...and he dressed up his favorite little cheerleaders! Brynn's trying to make an "O" with her hands - pretty cute!

The Ducks Won!!

Silly girls in their silly shirts! On their way to bed time.
I promise, no children were harmed during this photo shoot.

And, now, for the home decorating portion of the "good weekend."

I'm a hoarder...let's just get it out on the table.

I've got issues with picture frames.
I buy them, and don't hang them, don't even put pictures in them...it's really stupid.
I had 15 black frames, empty, stacked up in a closet.

But alas, this weekend, I was inspired (or maybe fed up) with our big blank wall above our dining room table that I decided to go for it - be brave and hang those frames up!

I've seen in all kind of home magazines, that the best way to map out a wall collage of frames is to cut out paper the size of the frames and tape up the templates and move them around as needed. Out came the butcher paper, the blue tape and the scissors - tracing and cutting was a project in itself! Then, the blue tape wouldn't stick, and my templates were falling off the wall left and right - even more frustrating! We were moving fast, taping madly, pencils flying...nails pounding!

After all the fuss and flying paper, we got the frames officially hung.
Don't look too close, there aren't really any pictures of our family in them yet! It's just a major accomplishment that they are hanging, on a wall and no longer collecting dust in a corner!

Not to shabby!

Let the decorating exstravaganza continue!

I bought some wall stickers for a vision I had for the girls bathroom.
The last thing I wanted was a pink and purple princess bathroom (Elsie's request), that also has to double as our guest bathroom...what was a mommy to do?

When I saw the woodland creatures, I was so excited!!

I've had these little creatures for about 6 months, and so, inspired by the blank walls again, and the quiet of nap time, I got busy in the bathroom.

This is the main wall - kind of cool because it reflects in the mirror on the other side.

The hedgehog, hiding

An owl to watch over the girls while they brush!

I'm so happy this weekend was a good one.

After last weekend...oh, the marathon that turned into a heartbreak, the cold weather that kept us from the zoo, and the major meltdown that occurred in the car ride home from two little girls at the same time and then arriving home to 4 inches of snow...it didn't take much to top that and have a super star awesome weekend to make up for it!

This weekend really did go above and beyond my expectations!

4 comments:

Annie said...

What a great weekend!
What a great recap!
What a great blog-background that you have selected!!!
I am so happy to see what you've been up to :)
Yes, we've had lots of football and various sports on the tv 'round here too, and I had planned to get the fam out to the pumpkin patch, but we didn't make it, so props to you for braving the crowds and the weather! I love the pictures! It is great that your parents went too :)
Your house looks great! The picture frames look perfectly placed, and I'll bet that it will be fun for you to select the pics for them.
The bathroom walls are TDF!!!!! LOVE it!!!!!! Nice work, mama!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

ANDREA!!!!! It's me LISA!!! Remember me???? Your post is fantastic and I love every bit of your fabulous weekend!!! The pumpkin patch, the woodland creatures (btw where did you find them?) and the PICTURE WALL!!!

I feel terrible about not being in blog world for so long and then being rushed to comment but it's dinner time and I am a cooker of dinner these days! Sadina wanted me to let you and Annie know that she will be back soon! She has a virus on her computer...a trojan horse to be exact! She misses you both and will be back in action soon!

BTW the image of you guys in the bus is priceless! A picture would have been the icing on the cake!

Wilson Girlzz said...

L-I-S-A...is it really you!?

You've been missed!!
Welcome back!

The wallies were a Target find...pretty dang, darn cute huh?

comfy cozy said...

Love the family pic, love the girls with their pumpkins, love your family wall, and love the bathroom!!

Oh, and we are watching football at our house too (which is rare)! It just seems like the Fall-ish thing to do, especially while eating lots of yummy appetizers from Trader Joe's! :)