September 19, 2009

Feeling loved...and puffy

On Thursday I had my implant set - dude...not fun.

Basically an oral surgeon drilled into my jaw bone and set a metal base so that later, like in 5 months, my dentist can screw in a fake tooth (crown) and then, I'm set for the next 40 years.

All of this because I have a funny 'birth defect' and never developed or grew 2 of my adult molars amongst my bottom teeth. I just did one implant this go around because a) they are retardedly expensive and b) the other missing molar spot still has it's bridge in place and it's working just fine...why pay for more when you don't need to right? Insurance only covers so much of these pricey things, so I really had to plan and maximize my $$.


I've been resting with an ice pack attached to my right cheek, eating pudding, cottage cheese, jello, and taking my pain medicine religiously, because my face hurts! My cheek is swollen and bruised - like that gross yellowish purple kind of bruise. Really awesome.


For as "poor me" as this post is beginning to sound, I can't complain too much. Q has taken very good care of me - making sure I have my medicine on time, any special food or drinks I need, he's on it, and all the while he's wrangling the girls so they don't make me nuts! I also got some seriously pretty flowers from some seriously sweet people!

Orchids!
My mom and Q both bought me orchid plants without knowing what the other was doing - kind of funny huh? I love them both and am bound and determined to keep them alive!

Pink lovelies!
From my friend Tammie at work - she's so sweet to me!

Now, I'm in trouble, because I've been able to watch more HGTV than anyone should in 48 hours and I have a million and one ideas and projects I want to do once I feel better. Painting our master bedroom and decorating is project numero uno. I'm all inspired and have a clear vision. I just hope I can pull it off on our pennies budget!


Then, after that, I'm thinking window treatments. Why is it that these things are so intimidating to me? I'm feeling like it would complete our living room - this is what the designers all say - don't leave your windows undressed.


Big plans for someone who is currently reclined in her big over sized chair, watching football and thinking about maybe trying some soup in the next hour! Maybe it's the pain medicine talking, and planning, and decorating...scary!

4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

I've been thinking about you! I'm so glad to hear the major operation went well! And even better to feel so loved and get flowers to boot!!

Yes, HGTV can be quite dangerous!! I may be able to offer you a tip in the window dressing dept. though and I did it for super cheap!! This week I'll try to post a pic with some explanation if you're interested.

Enjoy the down time and props to Q for taking such good care of his wifey! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

Yes! I'd love to see some window treatment tips!

Thanks for thinking of me...whatever you do...try to avoid the implant!

Annie said...

Bruised and puffy?? :( So sorry! You can complain to me anytime- you have all my sympathy!!! I can only imagine how much pain you must be experiencing. Are you going back to work on Monday?
I am glad that Q is taking such good care of you, and the flowers are beautiful!
I just love that you are watching HGTV and getting ideas!! I love seeing you take on projects, and you always do such a great job! Domestic godess, you are!
With work being so busy lately, maybe a little down-time is just what you needed. Sure, it would have been better minus the oral surgery and the ice pack on the face, but, hey, enjoy your time being taken care of and resting! I love you!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Poor girl! But hey, speaking from wisdom tooth removal experience there really is nothing like a legitimate excuse that forces us go getters to slow down and be pampered!!! Glad you are being well taken care of!

Guess what? This post is of huge interest to me because kennedy has two missing molars as well! We will definitely be dealing with this when she is older!

So weird! I had never heard of it before Ken and now you! :)

I can't wait for more cottage decorating posts!!!